Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In love with Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
CHAMONIX Easter 2007

WOW!!! I could finish the report now, but I won't...

Not going to bore anyone with travel details etc, enough to say that we drove via the Eurotunnel on Good Friday and door to door was around 12 hours, no traffic all the way and no queues at any tolls

Day one, we skied Le Tour at the end of the Valley. No lift queues and blue sky day meant a fantastic start to the trip. A pretty easy day really, just getting back to the swing of things. Stacks of snow and some great fast runs and some easy stuff too.

Day two was at La Flegere which of course is linked to Le Brevent. A stunning, south facing red and black dominated area with a few easy greens and blues for those that need it. Snow got a little heavy middayish, but once I sorted my technique, it was huge fun. Never got the chance to explore the Brevent side, we just ran out of time. Awesome views of Mt Blanc across the valley too.

Day three (sadly the last) was nothing short of exceptional. Went to Grand Montets and took the second gondela to the top (3275m) to ski the Point de vue. The views from the top were like nothing else and the run takes you down to the Argentiere Glacier and back to the main area. This is pretty much back country skiing with out the hiking - not a sole around for miles, just me and my bro in law, an inspiring place if ever I saw one. This is without doubt the best thing I have ever done on ski's. Messed around a bit on the other blacks and reds till early afternoon and then hit the fun park for the last couple of hours. Tried out the skiercross course and found out that the guys on the tv make it look very easy, great fun though. Managed to hit a couple of kickers too and not come a cropper on landing - amazing how much help a purpose build jump is...

After that, we drove home, gutted to be leaving. Hardly saw a queue for 3 days with the exception of the gondela up to Flegere (we got there just at the wrong time)

I do love skiing various places, but for me Chamonix has everything and more from a skiing point of view and I will return for many years to come.

Finally, message for SZK, disappointed not to get time to get that beer (or kick in the leg!!), but I'll see you next year for sure - thanks for your pre trip advise mate (and all you other snowHead who helped). VB for sure next time.

IMT
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IMT, Sounds like you had great fun. After 4 visits to Cham in 6 years my buddies and decided to give it a miss for a while. However, after reading your post I think 2008 could see a return for me at least. Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
IMT, you drove out there just for 3 days?! We just got back from Chamonix on Easter Day. That Friday and the day before at la Tour were absolutely lovely weather-wise as you say. The rest of our party did the Vallee Blanche on easter saturday in glorious conditions and said it was awesome.

PS see you are in sunny Verwood - we're in Wimborne!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ann, Yep, just for three days - was a little dubious myself (bro in law organised it) but I can tell you I would do it again in a heartbeat. As you say, blue bird each day. Strange place though, the day we had on Grand Montets, we could see that Flegere/Brevent were pretty much cloud covered all day from what we could see.

Wimborne eh, we're almost neighbours!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy