Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next year...

Poster: A snowHead
I don't know if I have already made a posting re. this. Thinking of going back to Selva next year to the same hotel as we really loved it the past two times we have been there. Some friends of ours have said that they would like to come too, although they are incapable of making their mind up.

How safe is it to book now for Selva for next year?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What time of year?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stoatsbrother, End of February into beginning of March.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jb1970 wrote:
stoatsbrother, End of February into beginning of March.

If you know your dates why should you delay booking? Do you think you might get a cheap deal if you book at the last minute? My experience of booking quite a few flights in the last three or four winters is that there is no advantage to waiting as prices only get worse.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, The reason we are waiting is because these friends of ours can't make up their mind. We are going to give them until the weekend, I think, and if they haven't said yay or nay, we are just going to book for ourselves.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jb1970 wrote:
rob@rar, The reason we are waiting is because these friends of ours can't make up their mind. We are going to give them until the weekend, I think, and if they haven't said yay or nay, we are just going to book for ourselves.

Do they need more information in order to make a decision, or are they just procrastinating? If they're just procrastinating why do you think that giving them until the weekend will make it any easier to make their minds up? Just book it now I say, and if they want to stay in the same place there's plenty of time for them to make their own booking.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My solution (of sorts) this year, involved booking flights early to gain a price advantage, and booking accommodation late to be able to follow the snow. Figured that, in mid-March, somewhere within hailing distance of Geneva would have both good snow and available accommodation. Had a good week in Verbier as a result. However, I had first made sure that the chosen week was outside ALL European school holidays, so that may have made a difference to accommodation availability (and certainly made a difference as regards crowds on the slopes Very Happy ). Anyway, just a thought.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, I am giving them until the weekend, so that they can't come back at a later date and say "What about us/why did you book without letting us know/you didn't get us enough time". Whereas, if we wait until the weekend, and they haven't contacted us (I have phoned these friends of ours at least 3 times, but no answer), then we just book for ourselves.

Personally, I think they have changed their minds about skiing but don't want to say.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jb1970, they're clearly beyond the pale. Do your own thing. You know it makes sense!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jb1970, why the rush though? What difference will it make if you book now or say 2 or 3 weeks time?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
uktrailmonster wrote:
jb1970, why the rush though? What difference will it make if you book now or say 2 or 3 weeks time?

Because its where we want to go, a great price (cheaper than the previous 2 times) and we don't have to go to Manchester for the flight.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jb1970, book it... you know you want to wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jb1970 wrote:
uktrailmonster wrote:

Because its where we want to go, a great price (cheaper than the previous 2 times) and we don't have to go to Manchester for the flight.

Good answer.

Book it, and do it quickly.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stevec wrote:
jb1970 wrote:
uktrailmonster wrote:

Good answer.

Book it, and do it quickly.

Seconded. We had friends that dallied about booking up together and as a result we couldn't get the place we wanted, or even the same resort (same old story, rooms for a family of five in very short supply...)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jb1970, Book it - I am trying to sort our family skiing holiday out at the moment but the idiots at American Airlines haven't released the resort connecting flights yet...
ski holidays
Quote:

the idiots at American Airlines haven't released the resort connecting flights yet...

I'm rather amazed at people making reservation for next season!

It's true many airlines don't have their flight schedules for Christmas, let alone next Januray!
latest report
abc, why ?

If you know where you want to go and your happy with the price ..................................
ski holidays
abc, because if you want to go at xmas and have a family, the decent accommodation where I will be going is getting booked already - and was already getting booked in february. Ok? Twisted Evil
snow report
Just booked it about 5 mins ago. The other two can do what the hell they want!!
ski holidays
I understand about the accomondation part, since the houses/lodges are finite.

But as to flights, I found most of the deals come on the market around Sept/Oct. Once I tried to book a flight for X'mas in June and was told they can't be sure the "listed" flights would actually happen!

And one time, my flight was changed so the connection no longer "connect". They (BA) called me 2 days before the flight and informed me they totally changed my flights!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy