Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

STUNNING RESULT IN DERBY DE LA MEIJE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A british girl, resident and working in LDa (liftie) has won the ladies telemark section of the Derby de la Meije. Her time was around 12.5 mins which is stunning. Good on ya Heather!

Brian and his kids know her! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
good for her!
presumably she has a screw loose? Madeye-Smiley wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, bet that upset a few locals Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice one... she deserves a few beers bought.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow - sounds like a pretty fast time - quads of steel?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
D G Orf, Not at all - she is a local - lives in Clavans - we're not all "those foreigners" you know! Bit different working here than in der Schweiz. You can be accepted in France - never in Switzerland.

fatbob, Nah - skinny hippy type.

It was the first competition she's ever gone in for - just did it for fun, and is totally stoked (she is a pretty hot tele-er though). Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, you can be accepted in Switzerland but it will probably take 20 to 30 years Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
D G Orf, are you sure it would be that quick? Every time I've worked there I've been left in no doubt that I was an inferior being! rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, When I worked in Zurich I was accepted for being English and treated/respected slightly better than the Gastarbeiten BUT would never be treated in the same way as a true Swiss. (As distinct from one with Swiss nationality!)
snow conditions
 brian
brian
easiski, nice one and truly impressive time ! A really nice lass, send her our congrats. Her french was good enough to blend in with the locals anyway (at least to my untrained ear).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brian, Her mum is french and always made her pronounce her words properly - ditto her english dad. She speaks french like a french person and english like an english one. As you say - really nice. When I see her I'll pass on your congrats. Have you told Euan - as I recall he was very taken with her!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wow, well done. The times these people do are always beyond belief. I understand that the winning time was below 5mins for the first time ever (4mins 56 seconds). Unfortunately I missed seeing any of it as I missed my plane on Thursday evening Embarassed and spent most of Friday doing the Trains/Planes/Automobiles thing to get there rolling eyes .

(BTW We had some nice, but rather hot, skiing once I did make it and found the rest of the group though - lovely trip into St Christophe on the Sunday, although slightly spoilt by a lengthy slide on the steep section after a misadjusted binding gave me an unfortunate pre-release).
snow report
 brian
brian
easiski, I forgot to tell him last night, will remember today. She was really nice to him, actually everybody in L2A was really nice to him from Thomas who jumped us in the lift queue to the guy in the bike shop who gave him a dvd. Very Happy Very friendly place (apart from Dutch guys in the funicular Evil or Very Mad ).

btw, he had a couple of private lessons last week with Jean-Yves from the Grimentz ESI and it went really well. He's really consolidated from last summer and he's parallel on all the easier stuff now, the stem comes out on the steep bits.

Douglas has come on well too,

They have to take their turn waiting for me now, when I'm doing the balance excercises ! Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice pics - good on them. see douglas has his racing arm going well. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yes - excellent time - congrats!!

GrahamN, yes it was the first time under 5 mins, but i think this was more because the course this year was shorter than in previous years as there was an unsteady serac overlooking the intended finish. still, bib 571 (chap who won) was 3 or 4 groups behind me and skinned me well before i was even half way down. unbelievable - pretty much straight-lined the whole thing!

another mention should probably go to iona sanders (outgoing BUSC chairman) who was the quickest UK female on regular skis and my old sparring partner simon chambers who was the fastest UK entrant on the day coming about 70th if my memory serves me right. not bad out of a field of over 900.

would thoroughly recommend the experience to anyone.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy