Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

split snowboards

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone ever used one? Can you use normal soft boots with them.

Will they make back country easier than using snow shoes?

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes I have one here right now. Std bindings fit onto the plate then the plate unpins, slides out and repins in the ski hardware. The board I have is the Venture divide with Volle hardware. It'll take any soft binding on it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
including a flow binding??? hoping so!
oh and thanks! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It'll fit a flow binding. Are you in the market for one. I brought the 161 divide with volle hardware in as a sample just to get interest in the brand so might sell it at heavily discounted price.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
not sure, its a possilbility but so far i know not very much about it, other than, today would have been a lot more fun and a lot less hard work if we had touring ski's to climb with but niether of us are very good skiers! Infact she doesn't ski, i ski very badly!

I'm on ly 164 hight and normally ride a 156, do you need a bigger board for this kind of thing??? I have ridden a 163 before in pow.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You don't ski a split board. Skin up, board down. Now skiing involved. Are you going on the EoSB. If you are I can bring a divide as a demo and just put your flow bindings on it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yeh i knew that, thats why i was interested!
unfortunately not going to the EoSB, but thank you for the offer!

and thanks for all the help, i just need to decide if i'm gonna do this more than just the odd time!

thanks agian
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowangel., Did you get one in the end?

I am thinking about getting a split - any more experiences/reviews/ thoughts? Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
firebug, I think Norris has one. I have a few friends with them. One of them did the Haute Route on it! If you're gonna carry on snowboarding and you want to get to the back country get one. Or learn to ski. Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
parlor, thanks, I have been! It's going well, too. But over the last week, I was lucky enough to ski a load of near perfect powder. It was great! BUT.....not as great as it would have been on a board. To each their own, but I really miss the sensation of boarding. I might give telemarking a go as quite a few boarders I know say that it's closer in feel...

Interesting to do the Haute Route on one! That's something I'd love to do....do you have any links to blogs/pics etc??
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Firebug, I have one.

Its great as long as theres no shortish flat bits. Last weekend I was touring in Scotland and the snow was really sticky which meant I got becalmed a few times when descending. Going up though was great.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
prog99, how is it on traverses? And do you notice a big difference in the board itself?

ps nice aurora photos Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What, as in contouring round a hill or as in roads in ski resorts? It doenst go uphill very well when in snowboard mode and that the main drawback as if you hit a small incline the skiers can just carry on whilst I swear unless its long enough to revert to ski mode.

I'm a fairly average boarder and it took a little bit of getting used to as you are several cm higher up on the board due to the binding plates but its coped in all sorts of conditions from fresh powder to bullet proof ice.

It'd be interesting the hear about the haute route, the boarder on ski sunday did something a bit shorter last year.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Heres a mini review I wrote up last year -

http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?5,89152,89152#msg-89152
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy