Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur late April???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm still trying to pick a resort for 19th April and I think Chamonix is out now, due to very basic learner on the trip. Does anyone have any thoughts on Courmayeur as a destination? 2 Expert skiers, 2 advanced, 1 intermediate and 1 beginner are going.

Help would be appreciated.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jack Hallam, from what I remember, there should be terrain to suit everyone at Courmayeur.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jack Hallam, only spent a day there, but it strikes me that it might be better suited to the beginner/ intermediate spectrum, unless the more advanced types want to spend the bulk of their time off piste. The only thing to consider is that (I think) you need to get the cable car up to the slopes every day. I don't think there's any accommodation on the slopes themselves.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wouldn't advise it at all.

The beginner areas are not the best at Courmayeur compared to other resorts. I've taught there quite a bit (with Interski). At this time of the year, one of the lower beginner areas is liable to be shut or just about to be shut.

At this time of year, it is probably Interski that bring in the bulk of beginners and their last teaching week commences on the 16th and the chances are that they'll be well clear of the lower beginner area by the 19th so I suspect that area will be shut.

If you're going for a week I would also question how long Courmayeur will stay open for as sometimes Interski is all that keep the mountain open.

You're best bet if it is that area you want to ski in is to maybe look at La Thuile. Much better for beginners and will be fine for everyone else, links up with La Rosiere in France. It is also higher up. Have no idea when they shut for the season though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowaddict, Espace San Bernardo closes on 27th April.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There you go, La Thuile is a much better option then.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowaddict, Cheers
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You're welcome.

Was looking at the lift status for Courmayeur earlier and the bit of the mountain that I would be concerned about for the beginner was showing as shut at 3pm their time which seems like it might be shut for the season.

Basically without that area, beginners are restricted to one area for a while until they're really good and can handle a blue run. The blue run they have to do though has a really steep bit at the top with sort of drop offs at either side. Not the best run to do as your first blue.

Go for La Thuile!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy