Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What bindings to use with my new B2's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Megamum, first bindings I mounted were a test pair on an old set in a shop. The second pair I mounted, I had the cheif tech check my every move. It was maybe my 10th pair before I felt comfortable enough to do it all with no checking - even then, I'd still get him to confirm the binding adjustments.

In my 5 years of doing it, I only had two problems - one was with a Fischer ski which had a very soft core, and the screw wouldn't even go to 4Nm. I explained the issue to the customer, put in helicoils, and gave them 50 quid off (lost money on the skis)
The other problem was with a pair of skis that were mine - K2 Axis X Pros. A lot of metal in them. I got the bindings mounted and tested, and everything was fine. But on my second day on snow the heel piece on one of the bindings failed. Got back home, we tested them, saw the fault, and returned one dodgy binding to Salomon, who kindly sent me 2 as a replacement. (so, not really my fault)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum wrote:
spyderjon, Can you remember how you felt the first time you took a drill to someones expensive skis? Or were they your own? Shocked

Yes they were my own but I've a gunsmithing background so skis are pretty low end on the stress scale compared to doing machining work on a pair of barrels from a £15k shotgun Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy