Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica Beasts or Speedmachines & Flex Index

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am getting equipped for next season, and am trying to decide between the Nordica Beasts and Nordica Speedmachine boots.

My feet are quite wide (E and EE} with narrow heels, and these boots seem to fit the best (both were also recommended by a fitter who no longer had my size).

I am also trying g to decide which flex index number I should go with (the Beasts go up from 80, the Speedmachines up from 100.

I am quite heavy, around 90 kilos (195 lbs), stocky, and more powerful than technical skier. I ski at Lake Tahoe (California), mostly groomers, a little powder, with a few excursions on bumps. We also take one trip a year to either Colorado or New Mexico.

This year I skied mostly Volkl AC2s, and was quite happy with them (except in powder). For next year I will ski Nordica’s Speedmachine Mach 3s, I decided to buy these over Volkl’s AC3s which seemed to have been both slower and less nimble.

What is your experience with either boot? Has anyone tried both? What is your experience with stiffer Nordica boots (80 – 100) vs. more flexible ones (110 plus)? Any comparisons in terms of comfort and control?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How tall are you?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
comprex wrote:
How tall are you?
179 cm/
5 feet 10 1/2 inches
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TibbySF, for my own part, I don't see anything softer than 100 flex being much use to you, particularly in Tahoe, as it's merely going to increase the required range of motion for the same tip pressure. I'd start with the best-fitting 110 (and maybe think about 120) and go from there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex, On the nostril sinbad.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy