Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Metal Jacket XRC 800s

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm so useless on matters technical that I can't tell whether skis are good, bad or indifferent even when I'm actually using them - notwithstanding that a Ski Club leader (apparently with defective eyesight) classified me recently as a silver standard piste skier. I was therefore wondering whether my Head skis - which I bought in S&R sale end of last season, at knock-down price, as an all-terrain ski - are supposed to be A Good Thing or not. They seem OK to me, even in powder which I essayed a bit in January ie they do more or less what my brain tells them to do, but I would welcome more expert views. (Done my shoulder in carrying them, though, they weigh a ton.) Should explain that I am vertically challenged, in case that's relevant.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes. A hugely under rated ski, does everything quite well.

But I know it as the Head iXRC800. LiquidMetal.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle, that is about the most under-rated ski I know of. Too bad, as its heaps better than the old volkl 5 star. Beginner friendly and will take about anything up to 50kph speed without a problem. Maybe it's the name? Much friendlier and more sensitive than the Atomic SX 10, much less demanding of technique than the current Metrons and Magfires, more bump-friendly & better able to damp out coral reef than any Rossi B-series. Maybe it's the colours?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My son was given a pair last year, as a payment in lieu of rent from a ski instructor who stayed at his place in Val D'Isere for a while. He is a very good skier and he absolutely loves the skis and blasts around everywhere on them. But they are the most horrible colour.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks very much everybody. Glad I wasn't 'had.' The horrible colour especially when combined with my ancient but much-loved acid-green poles, at least makes them instantly recognisable in a crowded rack. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Head are just producing some amazing skis at the moment. Like, really really good skis.

Unfortunately, most of the UK buying public don't know about them, as the "big" boys such as S&R and EB aren't stocking them. You'll mostly only find them at your independent retailer in the UK, or abroad.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm just back from Obergurgl and a number of the ski-school instructors were on these and to my eye looked to be skiing pretty well. I rented iXRC 1200 SW s and to my mind they were fantastic. Superb grip and only slightly difficult to manoeuvre at slow speeds.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ianmacd, so what are you waiting for - buy 'em! wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

He is a very good skier and he absolutely loves the skis and blasts around everywhere on them.

Not any more he doesn't. He is in Val D'Isere working at the moment and we went over yesterday, so he could take his two young cousins round the Espace Killy. The skis died. Or rather one of them did. The binding is broken and torn right off the ski, which is, not to put too technical a point on it, knackered. Pulled apart, you can see the wooden core. Unfortunately he was at the top of the Grande Motte at the time... it did slow him down a bit getting back down to La Daille on one, swapping legs occasionally. He decided against La Face...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy