Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunglasses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of Oakleys I have had for a few years now but the last few times I have used them they have been fogging up over one eye. On top of that, when I have swapped over to my goggles it is almost like I can "see" again and realise that my vision with the glasses wasnt so good.

I have tried cleaning them with a good lens cleaner but am starting to think that they have deteriorated in some way. Further I am also thinking that perhaps they just aren't right for me.

I like to be able to see every line in the snow. What do you suggest? Has anyone got any sunglasses that tick these boxes?

Am off to Obergurgl on Sunday and forecast is for lots of sunshine, so would like to sort this out.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Leuzzi, Sounds like the lenses coating has deteriorated. I had that on a pair of five year old Oakley Zero's. Oakley would have replaced them but as the old model Zero's had been discontinued they gave me a crackin' part-ex deal on an M frame set. Send them back to Oakley & I'm sure they'll look after you as their customer service is excellent.

See the current goggles thread re Oakley skiing lenses. They pretty much do the same lenses in thier sunnies although the light transmission figures vary a little in the glasses versions.

My M frame set has Persimmon for low to mid light, Fire Iridium for mid to bright light & Black Iridium which are too dark for skiing (only 9% transmission & no definition in the shadows) but are a great general/driving/beach holidays lens etc. You can get the same interchangeable lenses in the Half Jackets if you want more of a fashion look than the M frame wrap-arounds.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Back up from Oakley is outstanding. A while ago, I had a newish pair in my hip pocket when I fell. The frame broke. I sent them to Oakley, telling them how the breakage had happened, and asked if they could repair. Almost by return of post, they were back to me, good as new, free.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems like Oakley are the Snap-On of the glasses world. Cost 3 times as much as others but sort stuff out for free when it breaks.

I've got a pair of Oakley goggles that are fantastic with the Fire Iridium lens. I've also got Oakley glasses that set me pack a packet, but I find that my cheap £25 Bloc sunnies give me much better vision in the snow and they don't break when I sit on them!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great advice BUT I have just called their customer service number and they are closed til Tuesday.

I am thinking that I will buy a new pair of Oakleys in Austria, and then send the old ones and the receipt for the new ones to Oakley. What do you think?

Can you suggest another way?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter Leuzzi, Julbo Nomad. Better quality lens, available in two sizes and two lens qualities. 1/4 the Price.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Huracan Ramirez

"I'll stamp on ya head, smash every bone in your foot, cut open your leg, stick my foot inside and kick you in the @ss!"

Does he do that while wearing shades, or can you see the colour of his eyes?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, Photo to follow, i'm still awaiting my Mask. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When I think of Julbo I get all misty.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
comprex, I've still got my leather sided Julbo's - memories.....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, what sort of price are you thinking? Likely found in Obergurgl? What am I looking for in terms of the lens and its qualities?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Peter Leuzzi, Nomad i think they're called. They have little vents above the eyes. Chamelion Lens.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I though the Nomad was the snap-in shield?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
comprex, Yes, Artic is the Model i have.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just replaced my Nomads with some new Julbos. I lost the Nomads or I'd still be using them Mad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy