Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

have you being involved in a skiing or boarding collision this season, or last?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have noticed a dramatic increase in the number of signs and barriers in Serre Chevalier, designed to slow you down at certain points.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
last year i was hit from behind really hard, no injuries but it was a yard sale as they say Laughing but it realli affected me as when i skied busy runs i was always scared of what was behind me
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
From my own observation I believe the resort and terrain type can also influence on the possibility of collision. With a wide terrain it should be less competition for space.

Maybe the solution is to put lots of rocks at the edges, a few big ones in the middle, solid wooden fences and then add a t-bar uptrack and steel towers to the middle of the Piste. Laughing

Joking aside, those familiar with Coire Cas and esp the Cas Gunbarrel might be suprised to know that the stats showed CairnGorm esp (but Scottish areas in general) have amongst the lowest number of collisions per skier days in Europe.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I learned to ski many decades ago. I was skiing parallel straight down blacks on my first day, even though I had to do a stem-christie to turn, but I knew how to do a hockey stop from years of skating. I still managed not to hit people. Though I hated to do it, I put the brakes on if I thought there was a danger of someone getting in my way.

It seems to me the problem is that a lot more people either couldn't care less about the other guy or just don't think these days. There is a general disrespect evident in today's youth. I blame it on TV. They are encountering too many examples of people who do not deserve their respect in the media, and although they know tv is not real, it still affects their mental development.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 8-04-07 3:56; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^^^ see what happens when you get old^^
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy