Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow conditions next week ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Can anyone with experience in these matters give an educated view on what the skiing conditions are likely to be like in Valmeinier next week ( 7th-15 th April) taking into account present snow depths ( 1.7m @ the top) etc & 'assuming' the weather outlook ( on J2ski) was to be correct ( i.e warming up, part cloudy) ).
Being a novice, dont want to pay loads of money ( family in tow) for a break that will give potentially poor conditions & a bad experience all round.
Thanks in advance
Mitch
snow report
 brian
brian
Mitchell, hard in the mornings, a slushfest by lunchtime. Best conditions on the upper slopes (above 2500m if there is any , don't know Valmeinier) and don't forget the suncream ! Should be some great spring snow around off piste.

Excellent afternoon beer on the balcony weather I think.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was there last week an the best conditions were across the valley in Valloire. It's all included on the same lift pass so no extra cost either. The only difficulty is getting back which seemed to be via a closed black or a closed blue. There must be other runs back but make sure you know where you're going first.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If the linking runs are closed you can ride the chairs down/up to make the links between the two rather than try to ski a closed black!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mitchell, Hopefully the conditions are going to be superb, well they better be as I will be just slightly further up the valley from Sat onwards.

As brian, mentions, should be good in the morning, until about 1, then getting slushy esp. on the lower slopes. Get out early, then have a late lunch, followed by a few beers soaking in the sun. Perfect.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And lets face it, skiing even the most slushy of slopes is better than not skiing at all!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Slush is perfect for throwing yourself into some big carve turns, can be more fun than 'snow'!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy