Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stockli Stormrider DP Pro - the ultimate slalom ski??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well Soph and I slept a little late this morning but bravely set out at lunchtime for a couple of hours in the warm and windy overcast Brevent. For some time I've wondered what the only marginally preposterous DP Pro would be like. So smallzookeeper most kindly arranged for a trial on a pre-cherished pair that are for sale.

This, you might recall, is the ski that "SkiPass" described as "suicidal". Sizes are IIRC 184, 193 (as tested) and 201cms. And 94mm underfoot. Designed for great big loopy turns at full chat in powder.

Well. They were a whole bunch of fun. If zzz describes his stormrider XLs as being a little like a fat GS ski, the DP Pros are a little like a fat downhill ski.

Immensely stable and sure - at least to as fast as I wanted to go - and made a light snack of the cut up mushiness to the side of the piste.

But I did have to crank my boots up to get enough torque and it took a couple of turns to get my head around them. They do require positive steering inputs!!

Surprisingly agile in bumps too.

Verdict? definitely worthy of consideration as the powder day ski (as are a couple of the 'keepers' other ideas wink ) but I might see if I can find a slightly shorter pair, just to make life a little easier.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Murdoch,

I said the 184's are the tool for you...

I would also suggest the Mantra but maybe you are a G O T O M A
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT, I given a couple of vouchers for the Dynastar test center, suggested he tries a ski out of you locker. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Murdoch, The DP has admirer's across the pond also:
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=54827
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch, it is rather a nice ski isn't it... provided you ski it fast. For using up that voucher, try the Legend Pro Rider. Feels pretty similar, although doesn't hold nearly as good an edge (but then what non-racy type ski does?), but just as stable, and maybe a bit more manoeuvrable at slow speeds (although different conditions may have led to this preception, as I didn't do a back-to-back comparison).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
try any of the top end Movements
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy