Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When in Flaine...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
MrsPhillipStanton, Mrgeetee and I are off to Flaine tomorrow and were wondering if anyone's got any advice on "must do" runs. We're all pretty knackered, so we're probably out to piste cruise...

All recommendations appreciated. We're planning on driving up to the centre of Flaine.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I really liked Bergin, in Morillon. You could only see one steep bit from the Bergin chairlift and it looked horrendous. Practically no snow and looking icy. However that was the only nasty bit, the rest of it was fab with no other skiers 'cos they were scared off (including the "men" in our group rolling eyes )

We also really liked Faust and there's a short but very wide stretch of the black Marmottes under the Croix chair in Samoens that we loved racing down (it's no way a black there)

You can pretty much dabble in all of the valleys in a day. But the Dolomie and Tourmaline pistes are the most horrid in the area (especially at half term Shocked ) so I would either stick to Flaine itself or the other valleys.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are driving to Flaine itself you are probably better off staying there rather than linking across to Morillon or Samoens although I agree with justacey's choices and would add the Chariande piste in Samoens. Once in Flaine if you go up to Grandes Platieres there are any number of great cruises. One of my favoutites is Serpentine which claims to be red in parts but I'm not sure why. You can stick with it right back to the town or pick up one of two chairs half way down and start again. Alongside it is Cristal which has some nice rollers in it. If the Lindars lift is open (and it usually isn't in my experience) then Fred is a really fabulous blast. There is also a black, whose name I have forgotten, on the other side which I found challenging to say the least. From the top of the Auperon egg lift are several really fun reds including Mephisto, Diablotin & Faust all of which will take you back down to the village. If lunch is on the agenda I would recommend the Epicea near the bottom of Faust. Cheerful staff, good food & atmosphere three things I did not find much of in Flaine to be honest. Hope the sun shines for you. Have a great day
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PhillipStanton, If you're not too knackered then skiing in the 'Gers' area can be lovely. I wouldn't describe it a cruisy though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
balernoStu, speaks...hear him.
Gers is The Thing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

PhillipStanton, If you're not too knackered then skiing in the 'Gers' area can be lovely. I wouldn't describe it a cruisy though.

A third opinion backing up Gers. May not be open but if it is and if there is any powder left, then it is a must do.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks for all the recommendations. Unfortunately I'd left before balernoStu, rungsp and simo1234 posted - but I'll keep them, in mind for next time.

Roger King - thanks for top recommendations - particularly Epicea, which gave us one of our top five meals of the season.

justacey - I love the Morrillon area, but we wanted to head up to the bowl today.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy