Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aged skiers?

Poster: A snowHead
little tiger, nice to know some people like you understand ! Little Angel
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tone1 wrote:
My two sons and their partners have been skiing for a while and are reasonable skiers. I have retired this year and they have persuaded my wife and I to take up skiing. We are taking lessons and surviving, but what I want to know is there anyone out there who has learnt to ski with confidence at the grand old age of sixty.

You might want first to consider snowblades. They are miniskis, under roughly 100cm long.

They look rubbish, but they are lighter, more controlable and learner-friendly.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Julieanne, I'm a sceptic, but please, please don't apologise - my scepticism, and that of many other hardened sceptics I'm sure, does not extend to thinking that the spirit of loved ones does not continue to live on in us. Big hug from me too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My wife and I are 52 and 55 respectively and went to Banff in February this year for the first time. Never skied in our lives before and we are completely hooked. Got on Ok after a few lessons and thoroughly enjoyed it. We came home and immediately booked 2 weeks in Whistler for next year! I for one didn't realise it could be so addictive so, I went to Chamonix in March to practice what we'd already learnt. Just bought boots for Canada, and trying to work out where we can go in Nov / Dec. Plans already afoot for Saas Fee in March after Canada so, in answer to the question is 50 or 60 too old.... never! Maybe we just don't ski as fas as the younger skiers as we are a bit more fragile...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jollyroger, december? why not think about Colorado some resorts there open early(nov)....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jollyroger, boy do you have it bad, welcome to snowheads and an to incurable addiction like the rest of us.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

jollyroger, boy do you have it bad

Well, the older you are, the more aware you become of the need to live life to the full when you are still relatively fit and mobile. Spend money on skiing and other activities now, you can get a new kitchen or a new carpet when you're so old and decrepit that you have no choice but to stay home and look at them. That's my motto.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm 60 my wife 63.
hoping to ski for many years yet
this year we'v bought a 2 seater canoe
and just bought a tandem bike on e-bay.
Think i'm getting younger Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w,
Quote:

you can get a new kitchen or a new carpet when you're so old and decrepit

I like that.
I'm 60 and my wife was 61, both of us have had 40 years skiing behind us but still improve each season. We were skiing 05/06 with a gent of 87 who only started at 60, he announced that he thought that it might be his last season, however at the end of the week he said that he had enjoyed it so much that he had changed his mind. I don't know if he carried out his promise last season, as I was out of the skiing scene most of the season due to my wifes ill health.
Byron Gates,
Buying off e-bay is not a recognised exercise NehNeh but I have been told it can raise your heart rate Smile have fun.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Earlier this season I skied with a 74 year old lady who had learnt when she was in her sixties. I am 34 years old, and a fairly competent 40 week skier. At some points I was having to work pretty hard to keep up with her. Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jollyroger, At the beginning of November you could come to the PSB in Les Deux Alpes. I can't guarantee the weather or the snow (but there will be skiing on the glacier) - no need to go so far. This will be the third PSB, and the other two have been lots of fun, but completely different to each other. The glacier is not difficult skiing, so it's eminently suitable for novicey skiers. Alternatively - have you thought about summer skiing? If you want more info just send me a PM. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jollyroger, I can second the suggestion of summer skiing. Summer skiing on the glacier, with easiski lessons, is a great idea. We did it two years ago and might do it again this year (the timing was not right, last year). It's very strange to go up in a lift from a hot, summery, valley and end up on the snow. Though come to think of it, that was exactly what we did in April! A morning's skiing at high altitude is quite tiring, but if you have energy left, there are lots of other things to do and some beautiful scenery to see.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jollyroger, We have booked for Sunshine village next March and are looking forward to the experience Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tone1, are you actually staying in the hotel at Sunshine?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
holidayloverxx wrote:
We have booked into the Sunshine Inn for ten days Very Happy
snow report
Tone1 wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
We have booked into the Sunshine Inn for ten days Very Happy
Have you been there. We are taking lessons and hoping for some easy runs.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy