Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

..... I musta died and gone to HEAVEN ....

Poster: A snowHead
...... words currently fail me, but anyone that experienced the almost one metre of new powder around La Fornet and Val d'Isere on Monday & Tuesday may now be just beginning to learn to speak again ....... Very Happy

...... and not be spluttering with excitement and incoherently babbling and other miscleaneous gibberish associated with the mentally insane....
Toofy Grin

Currently at few of us are roving with a guide looking for the best conditions on a daily basis. Had an absolutely mega three days in Trois Valees and now patrolling the Tarentaise. Conditions exceptional - N. Face Foglietta in Ste Foy on Wednesday waist deep powder after an hours hike up the ridge. The place was nearly empty just met four other souls .......!

Hiked up the Belvedere yesterday in Heaven (AKA La Rosiere!) (Frostythesnowman it was absoçlutely marvellous!!!) Cloudy & cold while hiking but I did my nation proud with the Luck, as 20 metres from the summit thze sun came through and bathed us in warmth - skied four lines abreast in the pow - pickies to follow. Neither saw nor heard anyone for nearly 3 hours. Dropped in to see our Italian cousins - virtually no one in La Thuile - even Mirandas place was closed - no Carbonara Sad .............but afterwards back to France and slopes of Spring snow .....

..........please don't let it end...........

signed,

The Right Hon. Very Happy Bunny. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BernardC, I am leaving at lunchtime and will be in Ste Foy tomorrow, lets hope it continues!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am really really happy for you all (said through gritted teeth!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BernardC, you very lucky man snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BernardC, So was it any good then wink

Quote:

Hiked up the Belvedere yesterday in Heaven (AKA La Rosiere!)
there is a chairlift you know wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BernardC,

Fabulous snowHead

Are you really entitled to use Rt Hon? (professional interest - don;t worry my dept won't sue if you're not wink )
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BernardC, Going green
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BC,

Thas the sort of news I want to hear

Cool Cool Cool and Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Excellent. We had great conditions last week in Tignes, so I'm almost not at all jealous.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BernardC, Please don't use it all up before Wednesday wink
I've ordered some fresh to be delivered for this weekend, so should be pretty good by wednesday snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had an email from the couple we stay with near Avoriaz telling us about the snow and asking if I can pop over - but I'm stuffed for the next 3 weeks Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BernardC wrote:
The Right Hon. Very Happy Bunny. Very Happy

...aged 7 3/4, and about 4 weeks IIRC.

Lucky Fitzwilliam.....even more galling I can't get out to La Roche....

I just hope there's some left by next Friday!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
These kind of days are that you remember for a long time, and every time that you think in an smile appear in your face! Cool Cool Cool Cool

Lucky man....and now it's dumping.....so more for tomorrow.... snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You lucky lucky.... Irishman BernardC.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BernardC, tis the luck o'the Oirish sure enough, there was another 10cms or so of fresh last night, unfortunately I've had my ration of skiing this season although my wife is out in La Rosiere for three weeks from next Tues so she'll be able to tell me just how good the conditions are.
latest report
....some pictures .....

ski holidays
..... and I finally managed to remember how to sort out these GPS files .....

This is the 'Col Chaviere' route:

..... Health Warning: This route should be done with a guide, as a few of sections are quite dangerous.
snow report
BernardC, great pics, but please learn how to adjust for bright snowy conditions (flash or backlight adjustment) so we can see just how handsome you (or your companions) are Cool .
snow conditions
..... if all fails read directions ..... Toofy Grin

...Now where did I put that pesky instruction book ......?

Happy Easter everyone ...... Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
BernardC, any chance you can get that GPS file into a format viewable on Google Earth?
snow report
FenlandSkier, ..... I can certainly send you a copy of the original .gdb (Garmin file) if you PM me with your e-mail address.

Also, I think Davidof, is going to put them in a collection on Pistehors.com, viewable via Google Earth.
ski holidays
Cheers BernardC, I've PMd you.
snow report
Just back from Val d'isere Sat 7th April. Lovely snow at the top, snowed on wednesday 4th April all day and most of the night. However high temperatures meant that it went slushy quite fast down in the resort. Surprised that there were not too many queues. Temperature when we left on Saturday was about +4 in resort.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy