Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carving Fat Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar, that looks pretty chopped up: I wouldn't be too self-critical!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
laundryman wrote:
rob@rar, that looks pretty chopped up: I wouldn't be too self-critical!

I suppose, although I know I have faults that I want to correct. This photo taken on the same run is a bit more together I think, but my hips still look a bit back even if not so rotated into the turn.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, I guess the outer hand should be a bit more forward and lower (but I'll stand to be corrected). I'm always anxious to iron out faults and am self-critical and never satisfied. The only thing I can do to convince myself that I've improved somewhat is to think about how I might have approached the same slope a few years earlier, and know that I'd have been more anxious at the beginning and more tired at the end. I guess that striving for improvement which I feel to be in range is one of the reasons that I'm hooked.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I find that I ski with my legs further apart with fat skis but my wife dosn't have the same problem when carving with her K2 Fugatives (85mm).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chris, when are you getting her some fat skis?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, having skied with you now, I don't think that you've got too much to worry about. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SZK, I didn't say trend moving away from footbeds, I said trend moving away from hard posted footbeds....... Cool The usual caveat being whatever suits the individual. Me - my footbeds are mainly heel stabilisers now, with the arch backed off to enable some degree of pronation.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How locked in are you at the top of the cuff?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Two days ago I brought in my cuff alignment, so it's a little free-er now. It was blocking before (although reasonably well aligned to my shins).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
comprex, my wife weighs 52kilos. 85mm is fat enough.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
veeeight wrote:
Quote:

Are you going to give those lateral malleoli more room?

Yes. I'm still feeling pretty locked up in the ankles. Interestingly, chatting to a WC coach today, he mentioned that more and more racers are moving away from hard posted footbeds.
I like to have some movement in there, but I wouldn't move completely away from footbeds. Just some with more ability to allow the foot to move. That's what I've been using for the past three years, and they have worked very well, I think, balancing support and natural movements.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
veeeight, Hard posted footbeds are still prefered in softer conditions, i belive. Puzzled Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, with a commensurate loosening of the cuff?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc wrote:
kitenski, do you scratch yer nads to initiate every turn? wink

yeh that's my no.1 one thing to improve, wider hands for more stability!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy