Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New ski or not new ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am an experienced on piste skier and ski on 167 K2 Crossfires which are fantastic on piste. I am looking to explore a little more off piste and am looking to do an off piste skiing course. The question is do I stick with my Crossfires, which I am worried might sink too much, or take advantage of some of the bargains around and get some fatter and slightly longer skis such as the Recons or Fischer AMC 79. I am 5' 8" and just under 80kg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get new ones. snowHead

You need them. Twisted Evil

Go even fatter, keep the old ones for on piste. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree with my esteemed colleague.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, any suggestions. I would rather not have to lug 2 sets of skis about, so I am looking for something that is at home in the bumps and carving down groomed but can be used in powder.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
braeworth, I've PM'd you.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The usual suspects according to popular posts would be Volkl Karmas and Scott Missions.

Remember, all skis can do bumps/powder/carve but buying one ski to do this requires a compromise.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
braeworth wrote:
Thanks, any suggestions. I would rather not have to lug 2 sets of skis about, so I am looking for something that is at home in the bumps and carving down groomed but can be used in powder.

Unless you are travelling by train public transport yourself, I don't find it too much hassle to lug two sets of skis around. From car park to checkin. From checkin the other side to coach or other form of transport. Suspect my view would differ if I was lugging them around Paris for a train connection otherwise its not too much hassle. If you are going for a one ski quiver, I can recomend the AMC 79s aleit not tested off piste. Good edge hold hard pack ice. Powerful ski in crud / slush. In bumps I found mine a little long but I think its because I went for the 182 when I normally ski a few cms shorter. Probably a lot to do with my technique Embarassed Very Happy Certainly manageable and easier enough to persuade to do short turns
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What about the X-wing tornados, has anyone any experience of using these skis on and off piste???
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dan100, The VIST speed lock system helps there. Skis mounted with plates. Heel and Toe peices remove so you can have muliple skis with just one heel and toe peice. Makes carting gear around very easy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy