Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel - Courcheval ski stuff

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Straight cull from another post:

Pistes: not sure of your level so usual caveats apply, especially regards off piste:

Saulire cable gets few queues and it's fast moving. Useful ski locker option (week = 53 euro inc. 10 euro depoit on keys). Some nice easy stuff off the first stage or stay on to get to the steeper stuff or over to Courcheval.

If coming back down towards valley from top of Saulire and want to avoid the Mottaret-Meribel link run at bottom, Truitte, cut right (as face down valley) before the first stage of Pas Du Lac cable (two options but from memory neither were signed).

Off first stage head right (as face down the mtn) go far right. Dent de Burgin chair gives you access to a blue, a red (that nobody seems to ski) or, if you head even further right under chair, some great off-piste. Nothing ridiculous, it seems to get amazingly under skied and there are a couple of variations. You have to ski it under the chair lift judges but they're probably wishing they'd got there first. And you can always bug out on to the piste if cond. aren't as great as I had.

Further down is the Loze chair. Never busy when I was there. This also gives you access to Courcheval side, an unpisted black and quite a bit of off-piste. Again, near the black, so you can bug out at any time. Don't take the blue 'pic noir' round the back, it's bizarrely icey (and I was there in a great snow week). There's a restaurant at the top called Le Roc Tania. Not the cheapest but I thought it was good value for what you got, well worth a visit. There's a path of the Loze back towards Saulire but if there's fresh snow take it, the whole of the area off to the right is reasonable off-piste.

If you carry on down in to Meribel village, past Loze chair, there's a good reastaurant on the other side of the roundabout (virtually the only place to go).

On the other side to Saulire in Meribal is Tougnette bubble, longer queues but also shifts people.

Plan De L'Homme chair also a good option. Choice of runs including a black they sometimes leave mogulled, a great red and a blue (never tried).

In Mottaret there's a chair, Ramees, that nobody takes. The first run, immediately to the left of that is often in great condition and you can scream down it . . .

Personally I thought the best grooming was on the Courcheval side. In good conditions Grand Couloir really isn't that bad. The path to it is pretty intimidating though so wait till all the heroes, straight off tre Saulire cable, have headed down.

Virtually all the runs down off Saulire are great. Go right (as face down mtn) on Creux, past first pair of lifts, then take Aiguille Du Fruit up on left. Suisses is one of the nicest blacks you will ever try.

If you find yourself at the top of Verdon bubble try going to left (as face up mtn) and then cut left. There's a great series of undulations and big bumps to mooch around on.. We christened it the golf course.

Apart from that the runs back to 1850 off either Cogs chair or Chenus bubble give access to an incredibly under skied load of powder.

Off top of Cogs you can either take the crappy Col de Loze chair (to get back to Meribel) or drop down to La Tania and get Dou Des Lanches chair. From the later you can see some great off-piste but fairly serious gradient so transceiver territory I think (I didn't try it).

Whatever you do, if you get to the top of the valley, coming back from VT in to Meribal, don't take Lac De La Chambre. It's another cross country course pretending to be a red.

Off Mont Vallon, there's a little cut through that gives you access to some well known off-piste. Basically keep to the right of the ridge on your left when you've come through it.

If go over to Les Menuires, do not take Gros Tongue, yet another crappy virtual cross country path. A lot of the runs on this side, particularly towards St Martin are deserted and nice. Bruyeres cable virtually no queue and a quick way out from Les Menuires. Get Menuires chair and head off right (as face up the mtn).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nickski wrote:
If you find yourself at the top of Verdon bubble try going to left (as face up mtn) and then cut left. There's a great series of undulations and big bumps to mooch around on.. We christened it the golf course.

Er that would be because it is part of the golf course...?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eng_ch, Laughing Laughing Jerry pointed that out in the "other" thread.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, ah, I've not found my way to the other thread y'see Wink WHere would it be?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
eng_ch, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25682
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, ta!
snow conditions
 brian
brian
It's Courchevel.

Expletive deleted. Little Angel

(Not easy being a pedantic git).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skied a little in the 3V's last week. First visit for 10 years or so.

Met some friends Thursday afternoon at Mont Vallon restaurant and skied the following on our return to La Tania;

Off the top of the Mont Vallon bubble off piste towards the Glacier de Borgne. Some great pitches and lovely fresh tracks, not very steep and easily accessiable. So good we went round again.
Easy run back into Mottaret, via the snow park, then the Pas du Lac to the top of Saulire. From the top we walked up the piste to where the Saulire cable car arrives from Courcheval. Between the cable car station & the restaurant is a small deck area with a fence which gives access to what i believe is called the 'Elevator Couloir'? The access is pretty hairy as you have to try and put on your skis whilst trying to hold onto the fence, as the ledge is no more than 300mm wide, from there its just 'easy' jump turns all the way down! No where to go but down Laughing
Cut across to the Grand Couloir and skied the bottom bumps which seemed easy in comparison NehNeh

Took the chairs to the top of Col de la Loze and skied down to Praz Juget through a series of steep pitches, trees & little cliff jumps Laughing Laughing

A memorable afternoons skiing Very Happy Very Happy Glad i have improved since my last trip Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy