Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good Resort near Geneva 19th April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've booked flights for a (very) end of season weekend with some friends. I'd originally intended to go to Chamonix but it turns out one of them hasn't done much skiing.

Can anyone recommend any other resorts nearby which would still have snow at this time and caters for all skill levels?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure about snow at the moment but La Clusaz, Avoriaz, Morzine, Les Gets and Flaine are all fairly close to Geneva
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jack Hallam, I'd recommend Les Contamines.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having returned this week from Chamonix I really wouldn't discount it. There are some lovely runs at Le Tour, De Balme and Les Houches and Brevant which I am quite sure would be absolutely fine for someone with not much skiing experiece. It doesn't all have to be Grands Montets blacks and off-piste stuff. I'd still head there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great minds think alike Jack Hallam, altho I will be out that way the w/end before. We will have a car so will try a different resort each day. Avoriaz and Flaine usually have decent late season cover but I am not sure when some of the lower resorts shut. Does anyone know when La Clusaz, Megeve, Le Grand Bornand, Les Gets (to name but a few) are scheduled to close?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can't seem to find any info on when the resorts shut in Europe. Does anyone have any exact dates for Verbier/Chamonix/Avoriaz?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi

Thyon 2000 is ideal for all levels of skiers and boarders. A great high resort which is part of the Verbier 4 valleys system with less people and much cheaper then Verbier. This will give you over 400km of piste, I recomend the piste d l'ours a world class piste on which the telemart world championship was held last week, skied it today (twice) fantastic.

We skied here on 10th April last year snow was great above about 1600m, think the same will apply this year.

For the better skiers it will take about 2 hours to ski the Verbier, but there are loads of great wide slopes fot the beginners and the Swiss ski school is very good. I have been here all season so can help you with further info if needed also accomodation just drop me an email calvadosonline@gmail.com

Les Masses/Les Collons & Thyon 2000 seem to be the best kept secret in Switzerland well worth checking them out
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy