Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Made it Through.....

Poster: A snowHead
My Basi 3 course that is....

Special thanks to

Spyderman - for patient tuition on slope with my plough parallel's!!
Spyderjon - for the tuning gear and advice which really helped my scores on some very icy steeps
Phillipstanton - for the video analysis of my skiing and all the helpful info on the Basi process
Stocky - for the exercise routines, fitness was a worry for me and i was the only >40 to pass, the other two didnt make it and fitness was a big factor. (sorry to hear about your injury i was wondering where you had gotten too....)
dg3 - for all the racing tips and motivation that you can make it through the system at a slightly older age.
easiski - for all the tips and knowledge from a real deal teacher....
Stewart woodward - for clarifying the employment situation in France for wanna be instructors.
Rob@rar - for detailed review of various race camps, i will definately be checking them out next season.

And for all the advice and help from other fellow snowHead

It was a very demanding and mentally exhausting course but thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying.

Next steps for next season is some race training, the test technique and then onto the ISIA....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret, congratulations!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret, well done!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, congratulations snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What about God and your Mum and Dad?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret, congrats, great to hear you did it, will probably be picking your brains over this next season!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Congratulations skimottaret! snowHead And good luck for next season Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, Nice one matey snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret, congratulations!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, GOOD 4 U - WELL DONE
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret, well done! Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, well done you!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret, Well done mate. Glad I could help. Any hints and tips you have will be gratefully received if you want to drop me an email or PM. I am booked onto the first course of next season with New Gen. Can't wait. Congrats mate and good luck moving onwards up to ISIA. snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret,

Congratulations snowHead

Hope to see you race training, where are you thinking of going?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well done indeed skimottaret. Cool
snow report
skimottaret, Brilliant - well done. You should pop along to Val T in 2 weeks time and celebrate with many other snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
skimottaret, Well done Scott. Very Happy Pleasure to have been of help, but you didn't mention the real star? Toffee Vodka wink Laughing
snow report
all thanks for the congrats!!

easiski, after 7 weeks this season it would be the divorce court when i got back if i went out again

stewart woodward, havent decided yet but the Snoworks courses look pretty good to me so far. I am also trying to get some info as to when BASI is running the Alpine performance module for the ISIA course and may do that late next season as well

stocky, i will pm you my top tips on the course.
ski holidays
Spyderman, Bring your sisters played in 1650 for apres ski after we all got the good news and the toffee vodka was flowing. Rich from the band also passed so he was on a real high while playing.
snow report
skimottaret wrote:
all thanks for the congrats!!

easiski, after 7 weeks this season it would be the divorce court when i got back if i went out again

stewart woodward, havent decided yet but the Snoworks courses look pretty good to me so far. I am also trying to get some info as to when BASI is running the Alpine performance module for the ISIA course and may do that late next season as well

stocky, i will pm you my top tips on the course.

Cheers mate. Will look forward to it. By the way did you end up getting the Apache Recons and if so how did they fare?
snow report
stocky, got the recons and although they were great for the course i had to return them for binding replacement as the toe pieces came loose after 3 weeks on them. Shocked impressed with the ski but the new integrated binding is s**t as far as i can see......
latest report
skimottaret wrote:
stocky, got the recons and although they were great for the course i had to return them for binding replacement as the toe pieces came loose after 3 weeks on them. Shocked impressed with the ski but the new integrated binding is s**t as far as i can see......

Not impressed with the Marker bindings then. What are you replacing them with?
snow report
stocky, cant as they are integral to the ski with a new quarter turn system that slides onto a rail that is built into the ski. they dont screw into the ski at all anymore.....

there were several good racers on the course and they seemed to all favour Fishcer RC4 SL slalom skis, i think i would go with a generic slalom ski or skier cross typ ski as opposed to an all mountain ski.

You only need 4's on variables but the examiners were very critical on short and long radius turns and although they must make allowance for your equipment i think i would go for something like a rossi 9x oversize or head supercross ski. dont use GS skis
snow conditions
I am currently skiing on a Rossi 9X so by the sounds of it I might as well stick to those for the course. Thanks for the advice mate and I look forward to those top tips.
snow report
stocky, 9x are perfect and i am writing some notes at the moment to pm you.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy