Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze D'Oulx - has the world of weather gone completely mad?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For whatever reason I still get snow alerts via e-mail for Sauze, even though I haven't visited the resort for a few years. Suffice to say my inbox isn't often troubled. So the alert I received over the weekend went straight into deleted items.

Imagine my surprise, therefore, when I find out that, not only have snow-forecast.com got it right for once (in fact they were more than a little conservative with their estimate), but also that the notoriously dry Sauze has just had over a metre of snow fall in the last few days. It's biggest dump of the season, for heaven's sake, and probably the biggest single fall since the mid-90's, not long before the place is due to shut for the summer. The webcam, which has been green for weeks, now looks like a scenic Christmas card.

Has the world gone completely mad, or have I been asleep for ten months and woken up in the middle of the 2007/08 season?

Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Has the world gone completely mad

No, there's always been good dumps in March/April. Just that people will insist on going skiing in January or - even worse - December.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, absolutely. I'm heading off after the Easter hols and there will be tons of snow, sunshine and no numpties to slalom through. (won't be going to Sauze though). The Press, of course, having trashed the first half of the season, aren't likely to mention it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Has the world gone completely mad

No, there's always been good dumps in March/April. Just that people will insist on going skiing in January or - even worse - December.

Shh, don't tell everyone Pam Wink

I've been skiing in March and April for years, never had a bad week yet!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:

No, there's always been good dumps in March/April.

Not in Sauze there haven't!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well since the snow record seems to be so poor though, job to know why people keep going?? Must have lots of other good things going for it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy