Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les carroz ski schools...quelle?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, moral dilemma time! Confused

We're taking the extended family to les Carroz next week and just need to finalise the ski school. Now I've never been a huge fan of ESF and I'm sure you'll find plenty of quotes with which to humble me on here...but! From what I can see it's just them and ESI. Of the two only ESF has an english website, not a problem for me, but mon frere and his girlfriend dont speak french so i'm non too sure as to ESI's credentials. ESI are stating max 9 in a group (which I still think is more than I'd like in a beginners group), but ESF dont state class sizes.

So..., the global intelligentia of snowheads snowHead ... what do you think? Where should I spend other peoples money!

All advice greatfully received.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

ESF dont state class sizes

normally maxi 12 but I've seen 14. We saw a couple of ski instructors (one male, one female) here, yesterday, who were, to judge from their jackets, independent Flaine based instructors. Red and yellow sort of jackets. I spoke to one of them, who seemed mega sympa, said he was here for just 5 days, for a change (also said that there was still some nice powder on some of the slopes in Flaine, though I guess that won't be true for much longer without a new dump). It was just a quick word in a lift queue and afterwards I regretted not asking for a web address (I don't think there was one on the jacket) but I later heard him talking English to his 3 pupils. Someone who knows Flaine might know of them, but I didn't find them by Googling. Almost certainly a better bet than ESF.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pielot, oops just seen this. We were in LC at Xmas and are back next week and we used Nouvelle Dimension (http://www.nouvelledimension.com/index_fr.htm). They were very good with our kids (6 and 4) - very patient and class sizes of around 6-9 even at a busy time, the English of the instructors was adequate (not that my son was listening much anyway). I would recommend them, our two are back with them next week over Easter.

Hope this helps and its not too late!

Cheers,
Peter
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy