Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

beginners board

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What makes a good beginners board, should it be stiff or flexible, shorter or longer?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Felixible and shorter. This will be easier to control. Flex is more important than length.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good flex = better turning ability at slower speeds.

Too long and stiff and it becomes the snowboard equivalent of an oil tanker
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
well, I'm a beginner, and was advised that a slightly longer board would give me a bit more stability. I took that advice and was glad. Once you have discovered how to turn the board (which doesn't take too long) a slightly longer board won't be harder to turn, and will be more forgiving. So yes, you don't want a stiff board, but don't go too short either; I find my longer one easier than the short one I spent the first few days on.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think it all depends how much boarding you will do in a short period of time, if you are going to do a season somewhere then the beginner board may be of little use after 20 odd days of boarding.

When I hired small (smaller than 159) and flexible boards I found that they were unstable for me at speed on flats and I used to catch an edge, but when I bought a stiff 163 board (after 20 days of boarding) it was harder at first to turn and you have to really drive it, but boy is it stable on the flats and useful on powder.

I think it all depends on how much of a beginner you are, a brand new beginner then a board not too long but quite flexible, but after a short time on a board I think you should review this quite often. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
oh yeh, I forgot, you do not want to be a sap with a little board either if you are a big strapper Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy