Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts With Just One Thing Missing

Poster: A snowHead
You've booked the holiday, arrived in the hotel, skied the slopes but there's still something missing. What have you spotted that would take your favorite resort to the next level? My suggestion:

La Thuile - Some nightlife! Decent skiing, easily accessible but nothing to do after the lifts close.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Live music - proper down 'n' dirty blues, or old time rock 'n' roll.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Rosiere - Ditto
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
France - the apres ski of Austria.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ssnowman, lederhosen, cheesy Euro-pop and drunken hairy Germans? Shocked No thanks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lake Louise - The Apres Ski of Austria
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
France - Beer prices that you dont have to sell an organ for Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chamonix - A decent lift system!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

ssnowman, lederhosen, cheesy Euro-pop and drunken hairy Germans? No thanks.

hear hear. Thank goodness for a good glass of wine in quiet grown up surroundings. Must be getting old!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Val thorens - some atmosphere Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Meribel, the French. wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Livigno - a short transfer
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
France in general - Streets devoid of doggy do! (What is it about the French that they seem to regard any public street as their dog's private toilet?)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PP wrote:
Meribel, the French. wink

Meribel, the English...?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Milton Keynes - a mountain.
snow conditions
Valberg - some snow Mad

awksquawk, you obviously don't live in London ... much worse than anywhere I've been in France imho !
latest report
Anywhere, slopes without snowboaders! snowHead
snow report
iblair, go west, young man!

http://snowboarding.about.com/cs/resorts1/tp/ban_snowboards.htm
latest report
laundryman, - where to? I've never found this nirvana in North America
ski holidays
It sounds like heaven. Just imagine, no having to dodge lazy snowboarders sitting all over the piste, and no having kids wondering around with their trousers down round their knees! I've never quite understood how that makes you better at snowboarding, but surely it must have some effect?
latest report
holidayloverxx, it's in the link - Alta, Deer Valley (Utah), Taos (New Mexico), Mad River Glen (Vermont).
snow report
Of course if you go there you'll never get down a slope due to the line of skiers stood across the top of any gradient change.
snow report
Smaller obstacles than a sitting boarder though Laughing
snow report
laundryman,

Ta Embarassed
snow conditions
iblair, yawn.
ski holidays
As a novice, I'd like to see greens that are for novices & the people with them who are aiming to ski at controlled slow speeds while gaining confidence. Where I went (Serbia) a red/blue narrows and feeds into the one real novice run (Masinac) which is the first place you're taken after the 'playpen' area. My friends told me that the red/blue does have an alternative end section - so why don't they block it off so people have to use that? On my first 2-3 goes on this run I was really quite unhappy about joining in what seemed like a motorway with people whizzing down around your ears.
latest report
NewSkier, I frequently think of that even after 8 weeks. I would reccomend Les Gets for quieter Green/Blue runs which do not get used by the 'faster folks'. They have a number of discrete slopes which are great practice for 2nd/3rd weekers. They are not 'fenced off' but are often alternative routes which are just not used by those who aspire to 'greater things'. I consider myself fortunate to have done my early skiing on those slopes.
snow report
stephen bleakley, ditto. And with my trouser waistband firmly covering the kidney region.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MagSeven, i challenge you to find a ski shop or a restaurant in Meribel that has not got at least one British staff member. You could not fit more british into meribel any more then south africans into wimbledon.
latest report
PP, Sorry! yeah, for some reason I was thinking of 'what was wrong with resorts' which is what i meant with the english in meribel!!
snow conditions
St Anton - it's lacking a railway right through the middle which might give the village a lot more character.
latest report
Selva is currently missing me rolling eyes
snow report
Jungfrau: moving walkway between the bottom station of gondola and train station (both in Wengen and in Grindlewald, dont' know about Murren, didn't get around to go there due to poor visibility).

You can see one from the other, but it's a long and slow walk to get there, only to have the train leaves within sight and have to wait for another half an hour!

In one week, I walked in my ski boots more than I ever did in my 10+ years skiing. I actually broke my Cat-Trak, the thingy that goes on the bottom of boots to protect the sole plate and give some traction for wlaking. Sad
snow report
hot 'n' cold running totty Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
scotland - snow.
snow report
Swirly wrote:
Selva is currently missing me rolling eyes

Any resort with snow.... ME!!! Nuff said!!!
snow report
Cairngorm - chairlifts
latest report
Europe - avvy controlled off piste areas.
snow conditions
Mosha Marc, there are Avvy controlled off piste areas in Europe.

After a snowfall, the pistehors (or whomever does the bombing) don't bomb the pistes in a lot of cases. They bomb off-piste areas above the pistes. Therefore the places that have been bombed will be safe. I'm not 100% sure why you would really want to be skiing over avalanche debris all that much anyway unless you had to.
latest report
smolo wrote:
I'm not 100% sure why you would really want to be skiing over avalanche debris all that much anyway unless you had to.

That has always puzzled me about resorts which blast heavily to ensure an avalanche-free area. Skiing on debris is awful, just defeats the point of skiing off-piste.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy