Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Flow Bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Ey up all,

Got the old birthday looming and the missus has said she'll get me whatever I want for the next boarding trip. Bar a bag full of skill (and a little more oomph), there's only one thing I want, and that's a set of Flows.

But here's the rub: which ones are the best?...

I don't want one of those 'are Flows better than regular binding' kind of debates, just give me your opinions on which ones you own and why you rate them. I can't afford the mega-expensive £200+ ones but I (or shoudl I say she?) can stretch to The Eleven - are thesse better value than say, getting some Amp 9s and if so, why?

Let battle commence... Smile

Cheers

Spesh
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got flows, the main thing to check is that the ones you buy have the ratchet adjustments on all four points. Some of the older ones don't.This makes setting them up so much easier.
Mine are Flow Pro's - not sure which model - but I paid about £120 for them in Canada.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i personalloy wouldn't buy the top of the range ones. My other half has them and they break all the time. He has to carry around spares and we are always in the flow shop (which we are anyway as he is sponsord by them and i send all our clients there to hire kit)
anyway
i have the amp pro 9\s and have never had any bother with them at all.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking at 'The Eleven', which I can gte for £80 or 'The Pro', which is £95.

I've always rented them in the past and they were the old ones that didn't have the retchet adjustment. They were brilliant to use on the slopes but I found they took a bit of setting up, simply because my boots don't quite fit right so i had to increase forward lean to lock everything in place.

The ratchet adjustment looks a great addition though. Do they still use a standard 4-hole plate?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been riding Pro IIs having always got on with Flow's. The thing is the next pair will probably be a traditional binding with a burton style 'toe cap' strap. Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
david@mediacopy, why???? the two times i've used them they've caused me so many problems after with ankle pain that i'll never ride in any again, not even if its only one run
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Flow's use a standard plate, but you can get a plate for a burton board at a little extra cost. Have fun !
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowangel., Thats the burton style ones ? I confess I've never ridden them so will have to pick up the toe straps and have a play before I invest in a new binding set (I have some old ones to use with the straps). How come the ankle pain ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
david@mediacopy, oh yeh try before you buy! i double sprianed my ankle 3 years ago. it was totally healed and then about 9 months after the accident i borrowed a friends board with capstraps and retore a ligament. Wasn't sure it was the bindings but thoguht it was.
then this season just gone, i borrowed a friends board to go to the loo as i was on a photo shoot and my board was no where near my camera and it was all set up so my mate stayed with the camera and lent me his board.
Capstraps with a board the same length as mine, did one run. next day i couldn't walk. Not prepared to take the risk!

now that is a very personal opinion of them. But my son had htem and has changed backt o bog standard bindings.

its all down to you but if you loved your flows i dont think you'll like them as they dont give you the same amount of controll.

go try, you may love them!
good luck
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cap straps don't sem to be good then? Shocked

Think it's Flow 100% of the way from now on.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowangel. wrote:
david@mediacopy, oh yeh try before you buy! i double sprianed my ankle 3 years ago. it was totally healed and then about 9 months after the accident i borrowed a friends board with capstraps and retore a ligament. Wasn't sure it was the bindings but thoguht it was.
then this season just gone, i borrowed a friends board to go to the loo as i was on a photo shoot and my board was no where near my camera and it was all set up so my mate stayed with the camera and lent me his board.
Capstraps with a board the same length as mine, did one run. next day i couldn't walk. Not prepared to take the risk!

Capstraps cause ligament damage! Never heard so much guff in my life. rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've read that flow's can restrict ankle flex. I've always liked them as (for me) they are more comfortable than bindings with a traditional toe strap. I do think Flows are harder to set-up 'just so' compared to traditional bindings.

Capstraps would seem to offer a comfy toe strap and easy set up.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DONT DO IT Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have just purchased some Flow Elevens for £80 - bargain Very Happy

Hopefully they'll come before Saturday so I can join whoever's going to MK for the ski test... otherwise I'm scuppered!! Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
norris, Buy Flow's or use Capstraps ?
ski holidays
Flows have arrived at Spesh Towers and they is awesome! Can't wait to get down to MK or Tamworth on Saturday to give them blast.

If anyone want a bargain on Flows then go to www.filarinskis.co.uk. Flite 4s for £57, Amp 9s are £70, Elevens are £80 and NXT ATs are £95. The cheapest I've found anywhere on the net in the UK.
snow conditions
Specialman, as much as they look easy to use, I can't get over the 'special needs' thought it gives me Razz Anyways I bet they dont come in PINK like my wicked pink Ride bindings to match my pink & blue board snowHead
latest report
I did feel the first time I used them that I had some kind of orthorpedic device on me feet!

I'm sure I've seen reddy-pink ones before but on US websites. One up to RIDE there but FLOWS are stil the nuts as far as I'm concerned, especially when it comes to lifts - just put your feet in both bindings and you don't have any of that annoying flapping of the board when you're on a chair lift Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
BHM rolling eyes
snow report
bhmandminx wrote:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
BHM rolling eyes

Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy