Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer Holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Ok folks I know some of you still have ski trips to come but my skis are now packed for the summer
What are your requirements for the summer holidays?
Ours are similar to the winter
Number one being Mountains
So far all we have decided is its to be Austria or Italy
Selva is currently top of the list as we have been a few places in Austria in the summer already
Any one been there in the summer or got other recommendations?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only been to Austria once in the Summertime - Aug 2000 - and it was fog/drizzle ALL week Crying or Very sad On the coach the tour guide kept saying - there's a lovely view over there normally - pity you can't see it though, it's really beautiful!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Im thinking about Zermat this summer,Never been to the mountains in the summer before but would like to take the parents along too maybe and sneek in a little summer skiing.
Ive been told it's a very non skier friendly resort even in winter so maybe perfect .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Topsmoke, Zermatt is great in the summer. We live in Morzine but always try to go there for a few days at the end of August beg September. Prices are cheaper than peak summer and you have more chance of fresh snow on the glacier.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Garfield, I've sent you a pm, just in case you'd consider Switzerland.

In Austria, you can't go wrong with the Stubai valley near Innsbruck. It's beautiful and the glacier is handy for a spot of skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
brian@brianvaxx Laughing wink
latest report
 brian
brian
Ray Zorro, Laughing

We actually get freak 12m powder storms in July/August as well you know ! wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
had some kayak holidays in austria, based in landek. some nice white water around those parts, we where able to go over the swiss border and have a little paddle there also. austria in the summer was awesome
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks brian, and others Switzerland now on the list as well
The reason it was not on the list before is we tend to use a specific TO which we have found acceptable
The only problem being there charges for getting to Switzerland from Scotland have been at a premium
DIY and using public transport is an option for both Austria & Switzerland used it in Austria before in the summer without hassle
I don’t want to hire a car as I spend half my life driving for work and I’m after a holiday which is why I have tended to use TO in the past
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've had two walking holidays in the Lake District in recent years, both with beautiful weather all week. Despite going in August one year it was not crowded. However I can appreciate wanting to go to the Alps in the Summer too - Zell am Zee/Kaprun looked like they had plenty to do in Summer on our recent trip there. The only problem is we use up all of our holiday quota and money going skiing!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Summer holidays - what are those?. Sod-all holiday left after getting in a barely adequate (Wink) 6ish weeks of skiing in each winter. I tend to spend my summers climbing the south face of the Royal Albert Hall steps Laughing .
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Garfield, We were in the PdS for our skiing holiday, came back and booked the ferry Dover-Dunkerque in order to go to Les Gets for two weeks at end July. This is a different kind of summer holiday for us, but given the warm sunny days we had in March Shocked we think the area will be lovely and I'm assured by various snowHead that there is plenty to do and see. We are really looking forward to it Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My requirement for summer holidays is usually a rocky beach - I'm not overboard about sand (and it plays the kids skin up too), but even at my age I can't resist a black plastic bucket, a pair of jelly sandals a net and a rock pool Embarassed

Note the 'usually' above..................the trouble is that much as I adore a rocky beach I've now discovered this snow stuff and I've now caught myself chatting to the kids along the lines of 'if I gave you the choice would you chose a week at the seaside in the summer, or would you like a second week skiing somewhere?'

I guess I'm chatting to the already converted, but if I said that there just seems to be something about being in that spectacular scenery, in a quiet resort, being part of the more exclusive club that seems to be the 'snow sports fraternity' in the company of beautiful people zazzing down the slopes would you all understand where I'm coming from? Is it a bug and have I caught it?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think we are going to aim for the Stubai valley probably Neustift as we have not been there before in summer or winter
Now just need to pick a hotel
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Surf.
If it isn't a surfing beach...we are not going there.
latest report
I don't want any mountains on my summer holiday, mountains & yachts don't get on well together Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Megamum, as a newly converted snowHead I know just what your feeling - the skiing bug is quite infectious. We normally don't take a summer holiday, too many garden chores, but I can't stop thinking about the possibilities of summer skiing. Cool
snow report
rungsp, you mentioned surfing - just an idle curiosity question (you may not even snowboard yourself) - can those that can snowboard also surf fairly easily?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Megamum, once you're up it's quite similar but getting upright on a surfboard is a non-trivial skill !

Kayak surfing is brilliant fun.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian wrote:
Megamum, once you're up it's quite similar but getting upright on a surfboard is a non-trivial skill !

Kayak surfing is brilliant fun.

brian in total agreement about the kayak surfing. spent a lot of time up in bonny scotland doing this very thing Very Happy
snow report
brian wrote:
[b]Kayak surfing is brilliant fun.

Open cockpit or closed?

I think it's scary as hell! (where's the emocation for "shaking like a leave in the wind"?)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
closed cockpit for me, use a spud, magic bat, mountain bat, and a stunt bat at various times. loved the spud though, wasnt the best for surfing but had some fun in it. never really used the newer style surf kayaks. did once have a go of a squirt boat, damn that was mental
latest report
 brian
brian
Closed. I used to take my old prem 4 slalom boat, spun on a sixpence and you could have fun burying the nose in the sand, happy days.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy