Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

April Powderfest or not?

Poster: A snowHead
Well the next fortnight certainly looks like it is going to do the EoSBers a big favour. They are sooo lucky. I really wish I was going.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
kitenski, Its still too far away to say. The deckchair will hpoefully remain.

I'm not sure who is clutching more at straws, you or me, hopefully we will both be happy, half a week of snow, half a week of sun!!

It's pretty close now and most forecasts seem to be agreeing that there will be snow this weekend!! GFS has temps rising middle of next week.

regards,

Greg
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, I will be taking deckchair and goggles, but I guess the latter will get more use.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty and kitenski, please go and log on to some other forum...either that or just go to Tennerife or something.

We are SKIERS....we like SNOW...too much snow is NOT ENOUGH!

We like WINTER...sun is the ENEMY!

When somebody says "white" we do not think "white sandy beaches" we think "POWDER"

When somebody says "deep" we do not sak "shallow end or deep end?" we ask "boot top, knee or thigh?"

When somebody asks "did you get any face shots?" we do not ask the moderators to remove offensive posts....we know they are asking how was the off piste !
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp, Sorry you are wrong. I bet if I ask all of our party if they want reasonable snow and lovely weather or bad viz and great snow the answer will be the former
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FIGHT! FIGHT!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
12z is out

Deckchair 1 - Goggles 0
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rungsp, every time it snows here its so quiet on the mountain its wicked i love it, bust most people just want blue bird days
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp, Frosty the Snowman, Guess that's just the difference between skiing in La Rosiere and Verbier Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Steve Sparks, Verbier for me in the future Very Happy This special snow that you have that helps you see in poor visibility must be really something.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

reasonable snow and lovely weather or bad viz and great snow the answer will be the former

in the short term, I think that's right for lots of people. Trouble is, you don't get even reasonable snow without it falling out of the sky sometime. So generally, I welcome the snow, especially when it is barrelling down at night when I peep out of the curtains.

Now, this thread was supposed to be about a mature discussion about GFS runs, low pressures, jetstreams, precipitation, etc etc. So what does everyone think. It's all beginning to look a bit warm, if you ask me. Some of us might like snow, some sun, but sure as hell none of us likes rain........... rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, We had rain for the first time ever in February. 2 half days. We lasted about 90 minutes Crying or Very sad Itwas awful.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, you don't need special snow, it's just that the slopes are steep enough so that you don't have to look to see which way is down wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rungsp wrote:
Frosty and kitenski, please go and log on to some other forum...either that or just go to Tennerife or something.

We are SKIERS....we like SNOW...too much snow is NOT ENOUGH!

I think if you read this thread correctly you will see I'd much prefer snow over sun!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well, if you want lots of loverly snow come next week, you could give Saas Fee a try
Metcheck is predicting Big Snow here this weekend.
(And as you will have skied so hard, you won't worry about spending Tuesday afternoon in bed)
latest report
Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley (at the moment)
snow report
 brian
brian
Everybody seems to want to establish a big high over the UK, next week. (Should be gorgeous spring sunshine here).

So big variations possible with just subtle positioning and shape changes. Here's a nice one from ECM, nice cool feed from Scandi direction and the low over Marseille just needs to shift its bahookey a little bit North.

Meanwhile GFS at the same time, one for the Frostmeister, sun, sun, sun. Probably cool enough to refreeze overnight but a slushfest by afternoon. Mind you, find the hero spring stuff and .... Very Happy

In the shorter term, looking average-coolish this weekend with some freshies on the cards.
ski holidays
>> In the shorter term, looking average-coolish this weekend with some freshies on the cards.

Hopefully plenty of freshies on Mon/Tues in La Tania, have a guide lined up snowHead
ski holidays
kitenski, Nice and cool Thurs fri sat with some not inconsiderable freshies, and then lovely spring skiing Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
snow report
yup looks spot on for a cracking week Very Happy
snow report
well looks like a massive 8cm for Courchevel yesterday, GFS seems to have a little more on it's way, but the other forecasts I've checked don't seem to agree. I have a guide booked Mon & Tues so hopefully he will find the goods!!
ski holidays
15 cm last night up top, and today was exactly like it was last year, snowed heavily all day up there and rained down here in the valley.

tommorrow should make for a fun day
snow conditions
sun, heat, rain
were all doomed
Skullie
ski holidays
Looks like there is snow coming up the Aosta Valley http://www.snoweye.com/?page=it-valdaoste

La Thuile is reporting 20cms this morning

and its arrived in Val disere http://www.snoweye.com/?page=fr-tarentaise&big=161
snow report
Dont know if this will work but it looks like it is snowing in Val T as well Laughing snowHead
http://www.snoweye.com/?page=fr-savoie-3v&detail=valtho&big=51
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy