Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jacksons Hole tram

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of next season to distract me from the yawning 10 month gap till I can ski again.

I am considering taking a group to Jacksons Hole but I have not been there before. We are all good skiers wanting to ski steep and off piste. We have a friend who knows the resort well and can show us good routes, and we are thinking of doing the Steep and Deep Camp.
My question is: I gather the famous Tram has closed and is sceduled to reopen the season after next. Will this not matter or should we wait another year till the Tram is back?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowball, Hi there. I was there this season and last season - ie pre and post tram removal, and a few times before that.

For the last few years the tram had been running with lower occupancy levels for safety, so you usually had a 30-60 minute queue for it. More on powder days. You can now get to exactly the same top place by doing Bridger Gondola, Thunder Chair, sublette Chair and the new East Ridge 2-chair. This takes about the same time as queuing would have added for the tram plus gives you a bit of skiing in between. It also allows you to choose to stick on one bit of the hill and ski it again. The hobacks - which are a natural expert in-bounds way of skiing the bottom half of the mountain - are pretty unpleasant if it is hot or icy, and except for going out back country (rock springs, cody bowl etc), I suspect many people are now skiing the three chairs I mentioned and following the snow and sun rather than going to the bottom of the hill each run.

There are more chairs and gondolas added to the lifts menitoned above so hourly uplift capacity is preserved. The arrival of the Bridger Gondola some years ago made a big difference to the way one might ski the hill.

I wouldn't count on the tram being built on time for 2008/9. This season they were still using the old one to get the piste patrol up to the top, and the new Bridger restaurant complex, which should have been finished ages ago was only half completed in mid february.

So I wouldn't wait to go there - I will certainly be trying to go again next season. For me the best way there is American going in via DFW (which doesnt get affected/delayed by snow the way O'Hare and DIA do) but they haven't released the flights from DFW to JAC for next season yet.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, stoatsbrother.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy