Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flight of the Stork

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The spring migration of Storks from Africa traditionally heralds warmer weather in Europe. This year, Max, who is closely monitored by Swiss 'twitchers' began his migration on the 31st of January.

Encouraged by the unseasonally warm winter he made rapid progress to Spain but he is now only slowly making it northwards towards his summer home at Lake Constance. However he is still a month ahead of schedule, is this another sign of climate change?

http://www.fr.ch/mhn/cigognes/cartes/Max01-02.gif

http://www.fr.ch/mhn/cigognes/cartes/Max02-03.gif

This year's flight:-
http://www.fr.ch/mhn/cigognes/cartes/max.gif

There are rumours that certain ornothologists use storks to smuggle conflict diamonds from Africa into Europe - it may be more than a radio transmitter that the Stork has attatched to his leg!

The French word for Stork is 'çigogne', one wag has commented that if Max arrives in the Alps soon he will be a 'skigogne!'
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Please don't tell me about unseasonably warm weather three days before I head off skiing. I've already had one trip ruined this year and I was banking on a big dump of snow!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are storks back here in Switzerland already, I've seen a handful already.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi there, ise - no storks ever in the Uk except when lost!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This might be a stupid question (but thats not gonna stop me asking) ....
How does Max know that it's warm in Europe when he's in Africa. Does he have an internet connection or does he call a friend? Confused
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Come on DB don't be silly

Max has got SKY

That's why he's got such a large bill !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Laughing
good response!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Think there is a tub of stork at the back of my fridge - hope it's not a sign that the fridge is going to become unnaturally warm !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy