Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking to go for a week towards the end of April, anywhere!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Just got back from my first ever ski trip. I went to Chatel in the Port Du Soleil. Absolutely loved it and am desperately looking for another hit before the season is over. I'm also doing a season in winter 2007/2008, but first of all I want to do more skiing this season.

I am thinking about boarding this next trip, or perhaps a few days of each, I would be taking lessons in the Milton keynes snowdome before hand so I can get on with it when I get out there like I did with my skiing the last time.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good place to go towards the end of April, or is anyone else stuck and is looking for a place to go? or needs an extra person in their group?

Massively caught the bug now and can't wait until next season for my next hit.

If anyone is keen let me know.

Cheers,
Ben
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bensley, welcome to sH - the answer is obvious - go to the snowHeads end of season bash with up to 100 other like minded members of this forum snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bensley, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=21595&start=0 for details
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bensley,

welcome to snowHead got to be the EoSB
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bensley, Welcome to Snowheads

I would be wary of going to the EoSB as suggested by Ray Zorro, There will be lots of great skiing in one of Europes highest resorts, fabulous and good value instuction, skiers of all levels and experiences, loads of folks stopping in the same classy place, all intent on having a memorable week. They have even laid a bus on.

There has to be a catch somewhere Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

There has to be a catch somewhere

yes - its you Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx, Laughing Laughing Laughing
bensley, welcome to snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This EoSB sounds exactly what I was looking for, I'm reading up about it now using the link Ray Zorro sent me.

Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx, Yes it has been said before that I am a bit of a catch Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another one for VT! Hoorah!

bensley, welcome! snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bensley, and don't worry about being new to the forum. There is a real mix of people going. There are some that are going with others, some will know others from other trips, but many won't know anyone else (and of course some you would rather that you didn't know (e.g Frosty the Snowman) but they will be in the minority and you can very easily avoid them).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bensley, I can be avoided, but it is a long way round Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've clicked on the "can I come to the EoSB" button, I was reading about it and I think I'm a bit late though...hope not as it sounds awesome, just what I was looking for. Maybe I'll go on some kind of stand by list if its full but people drop out nearer the time, not sure exactly how it'll work.

Fingers crossed though! I'm ready to pay my money and start looking forward to the trip!!!

snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bensley, nope, there will be spaces for a few weeks yet snowHead . The guy organising it (the site admin) is on another trip, but he will be in touch with you as soon as he can.

Now all you have to do is get yourself involved in the rest of the forum snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Fingers crossed though! I'm ready to pay my money and start looking forward to the trip!!!
I think you are in mate Very Happy snowHead Admin generally always announces a cut off point. Dont forget to read the bit on booking flights to align with the bus times.

Rule of thumb:
Outward: to arrive in GVA before 11.15
Return: to Depart GVA NOT before 14.30
snow conditions
Looking at booking my tickets now, I can get them free with my air miles! Sweet!

Fly out at 08:20 which arrives at 11:00, return is at 17:15 to 18:00.

How/when do I get confirmation that I've got a place and that I have to pay my deposit, as soon as I have that I'll book the flights!
snow conditions
bensley, click on this link and you can send a private message to admin http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=2 tell him that you want to go and he will confirm that you have a place later tonight.

To access private messages it is on the top/right just under the logo.
latest report
Done, PM'd admin so I'll just wait to get their response and hopefully see you all at Geneva while we're waiting for the bus transfer to VT.

The race sounds brilliant, can hardly say that I'm good seeing as I've only been on 1 ski holiday but I'm keen to give it a go. How do you upload pictures on this forum? I have one of me doing my first kicker that I think you'd all find pretty funny....

snowHead
latest report
bensley, I've sent you a PM Very Happy
snow conditions
bensley, seeing as you asked... have a look at this thread and see if it helps http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25601&highlight=
snow report
OK here goes, I hope this works snowHead

This was my first ever kicker, I didn't realise how much air I was going to get so I wasn't nervous but I wasn't prepared for the landing either as you can see below, I need to get those hands further forwards!

My left ski came off just after landing so I slid to a stop on my right. Still I enjoyed it and want to do more! I got twin tips out too, freestyle, really like them:

So there you go, you shold all have a good laugh Laughing but remember this was my first week skiing ever so I am quite proud of getting to the stage I got to in such a short space of time! Madeye-Smiley

Going to sort out the EoSB stuff this afternoon hopefully, then I can start looking forward to the trip. Does it matter that I'm massively inexperienced but a quick learner? Are all you guys really really good??

Ta,
Ben
ski holidays
bensley, There are a few that are really really good, but most range from poor to average Very Happy What we all seem to share is a desire to improve. IF you are smell and anti-social you may be skiing on your own. otherwise....don't worry.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
bensley, .... IF you are smell and anti-social you may be skiing on your own. ...

ah, so that explains why you were billy-no-mates at the PSB Toofy Grin .

Great photos bensley, (and good to see that you could understand my instructions). That is serious air for week 1 on skis Shocked v. impressive.
snow report
bensley, I was in the same position last year and improved massively. Don't worry!

Erm, actually, I couldn't get air like that from my first week. Hmm, maybe I could, just wasn't brave enough to try. Still am not! wink
snow conditions
TallTone, Oh I dont know. I seem to recall you having at least that amount of air on a couple of occaisions in La Rosiere / La Thuile. You were not, unlike bensley, leaning back AIR. but flying through the air in a rather "upside down" position.

My how I laughed Laughing Laughing
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, true, upside down, my skis would have been about the same distance from the snow as bensley's Laughing
ski holidays
I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!

Booked my flights, I'm on the BA flight leaving LHR at 08:20 arriving in Geneva at 11:00. Then the return flight departs at 17:15 arriving about 18:00 back at LHR.

Just waiting to hear back from admin as to how much I should pay etc. Maybe you guys know actually, so you pay just £275 and then pay for transfers, ski hire and lessons when you get there?

Or have you paid for it all up front?

I've updated my travel details on the relevant page so hopefully you can all see it on there.

So looking forward to it, about to quit my job now so wish me luck! ha ha
ski holidays
bensley,

You pay your £275 up front. Transfer money is direct to Michelle, however she wants it (she'll tell us), Ski-Hire & Lessons - admin will let us know in due course (Ye-Gods, civil service language creeping in Shocked )

Oh - good luck Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thats 74 snowHead s either travel booked or definitely going Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

or to put it another way

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
I've paid the £275 to the details on this thread:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=496287#496287

and I've PM'd Michelle to ask for her bank details to pay for the transfers.

This is nuts, two days ago I was just surfing the web pondering a late break before the season is over, now I'm booked up on a week long party with 74 strangers! How awesome is that! I did promise myself that my 25th year would be my most crazy yet, and so far its not let me down!

ha ha ha ha ha

snowHead
ski holidays
bensley,
Quote:

I'm booked up on a week long party with 74 strangers! How awesome is that!

Internet Geeks, please!
Toofy Grin
latest report
bensley, This very thing happened to me too "This is nuts, two days ago I was just surfing the web pondering a late break before the season is over, now I'm booked up on a week long party with 74 strangers!" Cant wait Very Happy
snow report
bensley,

me too snowHead

p.s. don't think it gets any less crazy after 25 either Toofy Grin
snow conditions
boredsurfin,
I think you'll find that the official term is Internet Weirdos wink
snow report
OK I've just quit my job so that I can come! Now that is dedication.

snowHead
snow report
samharris, close wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy