Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Step Carving

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
[quote="rob@rar"]
uktrailmonster wrote:

I don't believe it is Phil's intention to imply a forward motion of the leg by using a walking analogy. I've been taught by Phil several times: he talks about leg retraction (in my case more leg retraction!) and not letting hips rotate, but he has never suggested pushing the inside leg forwards.

Agreed. So we would all agree it's not a good idea to deliberately step/push/move the inside ski forward. Perhaps I'll try to get my wife to think about retracting her inside leg and toppling as Phil Smith advocates (I like his videos by the way, they're very intuitive). She still has a tendency to start her turns by pushing her outside ski outward, which I'm 100% certain isn't good!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
uktrailmonster wrote:
Agreed. So we would all agree it's not a good idea to deliberately step/push/move the inside ski forward. ... (I like his videos by the way, they're very intuitive).

I agree with that Smile

I also agree that Phil's videos are very good. As you say, they're simple, intuitive and for me at least make a lot of sense. His teaching (with Snoworks) is even better Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

She still has a tendency to start her turns by pushing her outside ski outward, which I'm 100% certain isn't good!

100% correct. "Push". Ugh. Confused

Not wanting to put the final nail, but to quote another popular individual, Warren Smith, it's all about the ankles, ankles, ankles (flex and extend).

If you have a look at my video on the other thread, you should see the ankles flex more or less equally towards the end of the turn, and fully extend at the start of the turn.

There is no way I could flex that inside ankle if that inside ski was wayyy ahead.

(self critical moment. That outside ankle is overflexed. Must get stiffer boots.And/or improve technique.)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy