Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer AMC 79 2006/2007- review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought these skis from ski bilek for the bargain sum of £120 plus P&p. Length 182

Skied them last week in St Anton. Conditions varying from hardback, runs in good condition, icy in mornings and where the soft snow scraped off and heavy slush and slushy bumps but no powder of any consequence.

Me competent ( possibly a matter of debate) intermediate. the Type that caan ski all pisted runs competently and enjoy some bumps Style goes out of the window on steep bumps but can get them safely. A typical slush & rubble 7 or possibly 8 (on a good day) Me tall 6ft 3 and 15 stones Embarassed

My other skis is the Fischer RX8.

Obviously last weeks conditions didn't really allow testing in true off piste conditions. However, as an all mountain skis I was very impressed with this ski's all mountain performance. Apart from a longer turn radius, these skis skied as well on hard pistes and on ice almost as well as the RX8s. Not quite as easy in harder bumps than the RX*s but far superior to the RX8s in the slushier conditions that prevailed. The RX8s got knocked around abit They were certainly easy to manouvre in to short turns. Very stable at speed in longer turns. Not skittish even when schussed in a straight line. My comparison all mountain ski were the Legend 4800. IMHO The AMC 79 were infinitely superior. I'm made to ski hard and fast by the two friends that I ski with. The Legends never gave me confidence at speed. These skis did.

I haven't demo'd enough all mountain skis to say that this is an outstanding ski. I can say I was very impressed with it and that it represented excellent value money if you can pick it up for the price that I did.

Seperately there seemed to be lots of ski bargains in St Anton eg Fischer RX9 350 Euros as opposed to RRP of 650euros
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy