Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Caribou Lodge, Banff

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Might book a couple of weeks here in January - i was just wondering what it was like - anyone stayed there and got an opinion?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not stayed but ate there a couple of times. The Keg provides steaks to die for with the usual efficient and genuinely friendly Canadian service. Location is good as well, on the main drag into town.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Decent if a little dated. Quite a walk in to town as well if it's particularly cold.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rogg, It's fine. Bit of a walk from the action in Banff. The Keg (bar) gets nice and buzzy. You need to book for breakfast because people come from other nearby places - funny standing there at 6am waiting for them to open and they say "have you booked?". Rooms are your typical 2 kingsize beds (or mine was). I remember the hot tub area being a bit dated and indoors and a bit "scummy" so didn't participate. Overall though it's very woody and kinda cosy feeling.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We've stayed in the 'Bou and it was fine. Bear in mind the uncertainties over the ski bus this year - that could make staying there a bit of a pain http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=67645 . Their sister hotel The Ptarmigan is not quite as nice, but still fine and has a very convenient bar, but is much closer to the main drag of downtown Banff.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rogg, Stayed there twice. First time we had a superior room with a king bed and second time a lodge room with 2 queen beds. I like it but as cathy said, it could do with a refresh. The Keg bar is great and has a good buzz. Food is good in the restaurant and we like the breakfasts.

We're booked to go in March but if the ski bus farce is not sorted soon, we'll be off to Whistler.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks guys - have read the ski bus thing and will think carefully before booking. have been lookinhg on tripadvisor and it appears they are (or were up to mid nov) carrying out renovations, hmmmmmm.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It is one of a number of hotels owned by the same company in Banff

Website here http://www.bestofbanff.com/

we stayed in the Fox Hotel next door which is newer and had no issues at all there. We ate in the Keg and it was v good...they are a Canadian chain and we had eaten before in the Whistler and Vancouver restaurants.

It is a reasonable hike into Banff town centre but no real issue unless you dont wrap up well and it is really cold...that is speaking for adults. If you are with young kids then it may be further out than ideally you would want to be, without transport. There is a bus service but we never bothered to find out times etc

The bus issue could be a problem. Under the old system it was pretty good as you were near the start of both pick up and drop off and the bus stop was right at the front door.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we are going 29th jan for 2 weeks one of the group has always stayed at the caribou and said its great we are staying at the inns of bannf as we have a self catering apartment in case we dont want to eat out
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rogg, Stayed there a while back now - jeez...can't remember how long - eek, no, I don't want to say.... We had a lovely stay. As you'd expect from Canada, the staff were lovely and the rooms more than adequate as others have pointed out. We ate there a couple of times in the evenings, but walked into town most days to eat. TBH I recall being so full up of food from evening meals that we gave up on breakfasts.

If Bumpers is still open, make sure you have a steak...mmmm
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tonsky, Cool there are loads of eating out options. You can also get a delivery from nearly every restaurant in town. Dominos Pizza accros the road if you are so inclined.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We thoughts Bumpers was the worst place we visited on our trip to Banff. Very average food, very poor service (especially by Canadian standards) and the maitre d' had a great knack of making staff and customers feel really uneasy! It would be the last place I would visit again.

forgot to add. we found this site useful.....

http://www.taximike.com/index.html
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cobra.., agreed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy