Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon or Volkl... need some feedback

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for some feedback on either the Salomon Crossmax 9 Pilot or Volkl Supersport 4 Star Motion... will mostly ski the groomed runs and not push it to the extreme (don't want another knee reconstruction surgery) and would like a stable and forgiving ski... I have a chance at picking up the '04 Crossmax 9's (175cm) with 810ti bindings or '04 4 Star's (178cm) with M12 Motion bindings at a pretty good price... need some help on what would be the better ski to go with... also, at 6'2, 195lbs am I okay with the 175cm or 178cm length... thanks in advance for your help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
for your size and wieght i'd go with the volkl's as they tend to be a bit stiffer overall if you can find the 5 stars at a good price they are superb tried some last season have to be honest not tried the 4 stars or the crossmax 9
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Guess that depends what you like - personally I don't get on with Volkl skis for some reason - though it probably isn't the stiffness or weight as my Atomics have that.
Go try them out (properly) and see what works for you - you may be surprised
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to snowHeads snowHead , tapar1.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I prefer Volkls over Salomons as a rule and would also recommend trying the 5 Star. However Stuart's comment is very valid - try them all out on snow and go for the one you prefer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Red Dave, Are you going to be able to spend much time out here this season following your relocation??
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
well, if its forgiving then it's dfinitely the Sally.

if it's stable its more the stability, go for volkl.

as you are a bigger guy, i doubt you'd have trouble with the volkl, where as you may find you can over power the sallys
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey PG, unfortunately not Crying or Very sad Unless I spend too much time over here and get made redundant Wink

I'm hoping to get out as much as I can - repping back in Flaine again in March for 2 weeks and will be there for a long w/e too. Will also plan a few more long weekends, as well as a week or 2 in Jan / Feb. Might make it out for Christmas too if I can find something at reasonable cost. I'm trying to arrange a work trip around Toussaint so I can stay the w/e and get up on the glacier in AdH!

If I get over to the Tarrentaise I'll let you know - it would be good to meet up again. Should be in La Tania (3V) at some point in Jan.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tapar1,

I got the 5-stars and they easily handle my 195lbs (but without your height I'm afraid). I also reckon that they're pretty forgiving. You can give them a blast as they're great high speed carvers but are also ok for tootling around on when you're knackered.

I've not tried the 4-stars but I'd reckon that they could be too soft for your build.

If you're anywhere near the various indoor snow slopes this Saturday you could have a try of the 5-stars as Ellis Brigham are running a ski test day.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have the Voelkl V-Pro. The company is known to have the best wood cores in the industry (from their own woods). I would not buy anything but a wood core, much more durable and long lasting.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy