Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The March of the Zookeepers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It seems a bit of an 'In-Vogue' subject at the momment, but what's all this speak of DIY bootfitting? I'm not sure without my; tools, training and experience i could get anywhere near the results i can today after 11 years at it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I have now read this 9 times WTF are you on about Puzzled Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, The footbed thread is hilarious, I'm surprised you showed so much restraint Confused
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IncogSkiSno, Smallzoolysses before the mast, wound tight the windlass was.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex, Too many Disney biscuits?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
False economy unless you have bog standard feet....and who knows that they have those anyway...

As it happens my feet are quite standard as I have seen people who tell me that but I will get my next boots fitted again...which should be in the next year or so. I will, of course, be taking my footbed with me into the next boots.

What I want to know is...who has been testing skis? nothing posted for ages AFAICT
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex, You soon Jedi will be!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I understand your concern. I avoid all those threads for fear of tact failure.
But this is, it seems, a snowheads thing.
I am also amazed at the number of threads about medical matters - especially orthopaedic problems - where people ask the opinion of this forum rather than their doctors.
But back to boots: I think many expect their boots to inflict suffering. I see skiers all around fiddling with their catches on lifts and at lunchtime. Many look in some distress.
I forget about my boots from the time I put them on, but that is the result of professional assistance during purchase, custom footpads, and a sequence of adjustments to the shell. I love my boots and dread the day I have to get a new pair.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonpim, No concearn, what i'd like to get at, is without unlimited funds, how can we tell what a bootfitter does, both between bootfitters, me, CEM, Large for example, or for yourselves. If the result has the disired effect is that enough? Should we be satisfied? How good is SATISFIED? Should our skiing improve? Is it the boots that cause the improvement? It's impossible to monitor without comparison between 1 person and another at the same time in controlled conditions. I know of reputable bootfitters whom have changed peoples lifes with their work, people have to , absolutley buy their boots from them, yet the job required average solutions, but the reputation is made.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonpim, SMALLZOOKEEPER, This seems a good sensible thread (knowing snowHead 's I ought to add - for the moment!). Jonpim, you describe professional assistance during fitting, custom footbeds and adjustments to the shell. SMALLZOOKEEPER, I have read the accounts posted in this forum of your dedication to the fit of boots, to the time taken, etc. but your point about how good is satisfied is very valid.

It makes me wonder can boots always be fitted better?
When does the adjustment stop and the boot be called 'fitted'?
Will all skiers notice the difference, or only those advanced skiers and/or those with wierd shaped feet who absolutely need help.

OK so it could be argued that I could have got by for some time with hire boots, but I chose (with help Smile ) to get my own boots. However, these were only fitted by the chap at my local store. he may know his job, he may not, but I ended up with boots (with a simple insole in them that CEM let me have) that I wore for a week with no problems - most of the time I forgot I had them on - to this day I don't know whether they fit as well as some fitted by the snowHead recommended bootfitters, I guess until I ever get a pair fitted by one of them I won't know. Whilst I can't deny it would be great to have boots fitted by SMALLZOOKEEPER, would I end up with boots that were any more comfy, more fitted or that would improve my rather simple skiing.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, can you absolutely tell by measurement whether a boot fits someone, or do you have to rely on what they tell you. If the latter then could you fit me going on what I tell you (bearing in mind I scarcely know one end of ski or boot from the other), than the chap at the local shop? Then if you could would I be able to tell the difference?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonpim wrote:
I am also amazed at the number of threads about medical matters - especially orthopaedic problems - where people ask the opinion of this forum rather than their doctors.

Bl**m*ng easier to get an opinion from snowHead than to even get an appointment at the doctors: you seem to need to know you are going to be ill three months in advance... (but I do admit our new ones are far better than the previous mob).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy