Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hip flasks.

Poster: A snowHead
Michelle wrote:
I needed a very steady hand to fill Grays flask with port from a 2ltr plastic container in Soldeu... thinking about it, would have just been easier to have strapped the container around my neck and fitted it with a straw Toofy Grin
I think this post says quite a lot about poster. A lady of obvious class and distinction rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michelle, hasn't yet. And haven't you heard of Camelbaks?

On a technical note: tonic tends to build up quite a head of pressure. Be sure the bite valve has a in-line shutoff.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
comprex, oh - yes, but that's what I carry my water in... a girl needs to keep hydrated, ya know Laughing
Frosty the Snowman, thank you. I think rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michelle, meh, it's port innit? 22% alcohol, m'be 10% dissolved solids, that's what, 67% of 2l is at least two hours' worth of well preserved, flavourful juicy water.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dear all,
Sorry that my name has caused a few shock waves; its the only one I have!
Forgot to mention that the other mix we have used in the past is Scotch (single malt) and Drambhuie (a "rusty nail" I think its called Puzzled ).
As regards the little funnel, we always have a rule that you only take the flask if you can fill it with a steady hand in the morning straight from the bottle.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
comprex, I like your way of thinking Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I still have a gallon of sloe gin steeping away under the stairs, it's now the colour of port Madeye-Smiley

I like the idea of the Goldschlager as I love cinnamon. Could I sit in the lift behind with an extra long straw Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scarpa, Twisted Evil hands off
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arghhhh!!! Someones cut my straw!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scarpa, well, there's still room on the chairlift, so... if you've got your hip flask full of that sloe gin... you can ride with the girls Little Angel
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Keep my lift seat warm - I now take a full bottle of sloe gin on each trip. Main luggage of course due to restrictions. If we don't run out of drink we can all stay on and ride round again Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ohhh - that's this four seater full then Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Michelle, come to Park City, then, room for you, Scarpa, and 4 wives.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
comprex, looks lovely... maybe Gray and I should pay a visit next season snowHead Scarpa can bring his 4 wives too, if he pays for our tickets Little Angel
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nick W wrote:
Dear all,
Sorry that my name has caused a few shock waves; its the only one I have!
Forgot to mention that the other mix we have used in the past is Scotch (single malt) and Drambhuie (a "rusty nail" I think its called Puzzled ).
As regards the little funnel, we always have a rule that you only take the flask if you can fill it with a steady hand in the morning straight from the bottle.

Noooooo ........ what's the point of that? why do you think they make little funnels Puzzled

everyone else - had to do some work so late coming back in so missed the banter Sad
snow report
Brandy and port?

As port is essentially just red wine and brandy, that's just extra strong port then!

Why the hell didn't I think of that Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
By far the best invention in this area has to be the the Leki pole that doubles as a hip flask. And I quote:
Quote:
Pole has a removable grip and fluid can be poured into shaft.

"Fluid"??? They'll be suggesting water next Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
PhillipStanton, I guess you'd want to make sure you didn't inadvertently drop the full one on the ski lift!
snow conditions
I like the way this thread went so I've just gone an bought myself a 4oz flask from ebay - captive lid - as recommended, stainless steel £3.79 inc postage. Now what to put in it, sloe gin, apricot brandy, Remy Martin, Cointreau, Good Scotch.................Mmmm this bits more diffuclt than buying the thing!!
ski holidays
Is this a hip hip flask

latest report
Megamum, you should have got more than 1 flask Laughing
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, no, it's a chest flask.
ski holidays
Some queries about Hip Flask Etiquette.
• Do you have to offer it round every time to everyone?
• How much do you swig when offered?
• Should you wipe the top before a swig, after a swig, or is wiping the top only for nancy-boys?
ski holidays
Jonpim,

1. depends on the size of the group - you my need to carry a spare bottle in your day pack

2. a swigful

3. after - it's polite for the next person. before suggests previous swigger is not polite and might have something catching. The contents shoudl be of sufficiently high alcohol content to kill all known germs anyway.
latest report
Jonpim,
1) Yes you do have to offer it around everytime, but only to those that also have a flask, or to me Toofy Grin
2) The tongue should be forward and up at its edges in the mouth preventing direct throat access. A short put firm swig should be taken. Gulping is definitely bad form.
3) Wiping is for soft girlie types
snow report
What's the difference between a swig and a gulp?

I always try to pour it directly into my throat, without touching the spout, alleviating the need for wiping.

It's always very pleasant when it's offered around, but it's not expected.
snow conditions
Kramer: good question.
A google search of how many swigs to the gulp suggests when you swig (action) what you get is a gulp (noun)
snow conditions
Jonpim, I think that's one of the more useful things that Google does is it's How many x's make a y function. I use it all the time as we are a real mixed unit household with 3 generations here
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, Just seen the one you ordered (I guess) seems like a bargain, may have to get me one too - only one I have now doesn't have the captive lid bit.

Cheers
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Is this a hip hip flask?

...no, that's an embarassment
latest report
IMT, and others - this is what I ordered one of

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Designer-Stainless-Steel-Hip-Flask-4oz-NIB_W0QQitemZ320092205331QQcategoryZ60615QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

If you visit the shop of the seller there are loads for sale at the same buy it now price - they seem quite reasonably costed.

I assume 4oz is big enough?
snow conditions
Megamum,

looks fine - test it with water when it arrives to make sure the top seals well.

Is 4oz big enough? depends on how much you drink.....(or share) Very Happy
snow report
I've just had one fitted to match the leather in my car. Even warms the brandy! Very Happy
ski holidays
slikedges, show off!

What I want to know is........

Is it hip to have a hip flask?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 17-03-07 20:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Ok, so are these Hip Flasks or Hip Flasks?
According to Wikepedia "A hip flask is a thin flask for holding a distilled beverage; its size and shape are suited to a trouser pocket.". Well they must have had some real funny trousers in them olden days to get the contents of the trouser pockets anywhere near the hip. Why aren't they called Thigh Flasks?
But the one you want is the latest sony-ericsson combined phone and hip flask. Don't leave the chalet without it.
snow report
Jonpim, accuracy above convenience, mustn't make these sudden logic leaps from suitability to reasons for naming.
latest report
Laughing comprex,
snow report
Megamum, Yep, thats the one I thought it would be - great price, not sure how they make any money on some things!

IMT
ski holidays
IMT,

made in China in humungous quantitities, probably cost 50p inc shipping
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, I guess so long as it works..........the people making them probably don't get much, but then if they weren't making them would they get anything?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy