Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cat tracks

Poster: A snowHead
You learn something new every day!!!!. When I was buying my ski boots, I noticed that you can get "cat tracks" - basically rubber coverings for the bottom of your ski boots so that when you are walking, there is less damage to the heel and bottom of the ski boot.

Anybody use or used them?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jb1970, hubby has some, he uses them all the time. I want some, but they never have any small enough for my boots when I look.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I sometimes use mine, depending on distance to walk or what is underfoot. There are no grips on the u/s of my boots at all so cat-tracks can be useful.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, I use them.
Yes, they are a good idea.
...and there are other things a bit like them that are slightly easier to put on - such as WalkEZ
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, but not so easy to put in your jacket pocket.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I used to use something like that. I found I was far less likely to slip on ice. Downside was the fiddle.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I use them as Ray Zorro, says it depends on how far I have to walk. My ski buddies give me stick coz I'm usualy last in the apres bar wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got some myself, and have mixed opinions.

Useful to keep down wear on the boots, and also useful for added grip.

Downsides are the hassle factor; soggy and wet when taking them off after use means a wet pocket, awkward to get on (especially) and off whilst wearing the boots.

The result is I only tend to use them when between accommodation and slopes at the start and end of the day.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a slightly different type.

I find they make a big differenc to grip when walking in the boots.

I don't have a problem with wet pockets, because I kept the resealable plastic bag they came in, and they go in that, inside my daypack when I take them off.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jb1970,
I use mine often and find them invaluable when walking from the gondola to quad chair at Nevis if there is only snow further up the mountain, its a 400m walk along a rough LRT
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I use them when the walk is long. It help protect the boot soles and is a lot more comfortable to walk in.

I do find it a hassle to take off, wet and dirty. I usually walk all the way up to the clean snow to get some of the worst yuckky stuff off before putting them in the plastic bag, then in the pocket. They take up a lot of pocket space, which I'm always short of.

So, if the walk to the lift is not too bad, I don't bother with them.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I find mine useful, they give me much better grip and more confidence walking on slippery surfaces and protect the boots on gravel.

I find they're a little awkward to put on when you're wearing the boots, but easy to take off.

Worth the money for me.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We use them. Makes walking much easier. I'm not sure if damage to bottom of ski boots might prevent them releasing, but Cat tracks will hopefully stop any risk of this.

Someone told us a good trick for 'storing' them whilst skiing - rather than get your valuable pocket space wet and soggy, undo the top boot clip, put the 'strap' between the front and back of the cat track over the clip, then do it up again. If you're not fashion conscious you can just leave the Cat tracks 'flapping' - if you've got more street cred, you will have salopettes that are baggy enough to pull over the top of them and hide them away. We've found it works pretty well. Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bloody hell, is Cat Tracks run by a bloke in red braces who goes by the name David?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Are you talking about something like these:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.531658/walk.yah.UKCO-U090
latest report
Eve Rest, Laughing Laughing
latest report
boredsurfin,
ski holidays
Does anyone have any useful websites to buy cat tracks?
ski holidays
jb1970, they are all about 20-25 quid. You won't get massive price differences. Try snow and rock, or ellis brigham.
snow report
£14 from EB when I got mine in Jan
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Lockwoods of Lemington do small sizes thats where I got mine
jb1970, You should be able to get them mail order from here.
latest report
What size do I need. I need two pairs for ski boots size 25.5 and 26.5?
ski holidays
http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/710006||cat~tracks~@c~@b|0|user|1,0,0,1|2|

According to that web page, you need one pair small and one pair large.
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, Thanks, I'll have a look.
ski holidays
Linds, ta, I'll have a look on there for some, Julian needs a new pair,as he lost his at La Grave.
ski holidays
I thought cat-tracks were what they call pistes in the three valleys wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy