Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I've bought new boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Went back to Ellis Brigham tonight straight from work. The extremely helpful girl there had set aside two pairs of boots for me (Nordica Speedmachine 8 and Salomon xwave Cool. She also brought out another pair - Rossignol Bandit. All 25.5. Tried them all on and decided to go for the Nordica Speedmachine 8. The girl said these would be really good for the shape of my foot.

Really pleased with them - so far so good!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thank goodness for that Little Angel Little Angel

enjoy them....and stop worrying
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM, I wasn't worried at all, I just had to be sure. After buying my previous ski "boats", I wasn't rushing into it this time!!!! They felt fine when I put them on and the girl could not have been more helpful - she was really very good. She went into detail about how different manufacturers cater for different foot shapes. She also said that boots lose 10-15% volume when they are "broken in".

She told me to wear them about the house so that the lining pads down.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jb1970, I bought new boots earlier this year. I have been using Salomon boots for years of various types so was convinced that my new boots would also be Salomon. The tech in the shop measured my feet etc and expressed some surprise that I was a Salomon man as my feet are quite wide. He got me to try Salomon boots and compare them to Nordica in the same size. The Salomons were very uncomfortable widthwise. The tech reckoned I had been sold larger Salomon boots than I needed previously. End result is I am the proud owner of a pair of Nordica Speedmachine 12's. I did all the wearing them around the house stuff before using them in anger at half term. They were excellent and very comfortable.

Only 2 weeks until they will be out again for a week snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy