Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance for occaisional day ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The family is off for a week's skiing soon in France- our daughter has ordinary annual insurance with no winter sports cover. she claims she won't be skiing much but obviously if and when she does do a bit, she needs insurance to cover her.

Is the insurance you can buy with a lift ticket in France (Carre neige or is it carte neige?) all we need to cover getting her off mountain,medical expenses etc? We're not bothered about loss of equipment/lift pass or piste closure

Any ideas anyone please?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ann, Re. Carte Neige, the following taken from Natives here:

Quote:
Carte Neige covers you for transport off the mountain, either on or off piste. If you show your card to the pisteurs they will take the policy number and their costs will be met by the insurance – you have no further involvement.

They then drop you off at the doctor’s surgery in resort. At this point, your Carte Neige is of no help to you at all. Carte Neige is not a full insurance policy – it’s a top-up cover designed to act in tandem with your state or private health insurance. It will reimburse only those costs not covered by your main insurance.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wouldn't risk it without insurance.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ann, you might get away with Carte Neige (which I think you should have anyway in France - cheap, and saves arguments and tears) and the European Health Insurance Card. But you could find yourself paying a lot of money up front which you have hassle reclaiming - and not every French doctor subscribes to the Health Card scheme. On top of that, you may find any special travel costs back to the UK very expensive. Even a simple thing like my Achilles tendon rupture needed special taxis - and 4 airline seats at short notice - arranged.

I'm with Elizabeth B on this.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sage, achilles, Right , thanks! A week's policy with ski cover it is then!
Ann
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ann,

Have a look at Snowcard....google them..they will insure medical etc only. Tell then you have annual and you just want the skiing side covered. Carre Niege is normally 2-3 eu a day on the pass so worth that just to get you off the mountain if need be.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JT, Good idea I have a look at them

Ann
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy