Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who took this photo?

Poster: A snowHead
Yes, who took this photo?

And why?

Answers on a postcard below, please.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Actually, I can give you a clue. It was taken by a U.S. Marine. If he sends me the appropriate fee I won't reveal his name.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Someone who pressed the button too hard?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My ex missus

Her photographic skills were only surpassed by her map-reading skills!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like the work of Ethan Rocke to me.

He was never good at "Head Shots"
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Can someone explain why I can never open any US dot mil sites?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's not US Marines pressing buttons too hard that worries me, it's US Presidents pressing....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG, I can't open it either.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, 'cos you're trying from a French ISP, you cheez eatin surrender monkey!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
For copyright (and military secrecy) reasons I won't paste it here, but it shows the back of a row of legs and skis hanging from a chairlift.

It's the kind of photo people used to throw in the dustbin until the internet was invented.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So why didn't you just leave it there, David ???
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
...and now they throw them here.

I can't see it from here at work. Maybe if my email address didn't finish @kgb.ru
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David, I can see it all right, but I'm more interested in how you got to it from the USMC site than else. Can you please explain it to me?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith you'll get Dan annoyed again. Some of those "skis" look a bit dark and slidy...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kuwait Ian. For the same reason I recycle my carrot peelings.

Matteo. I'd love to reveal my military intelligence methods to you but I don't want any trouble from Berlusconi.

Mark Lehto. You mean the skis the factory forgot to saw in half? They're special issue hardware for US Marines.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 22-09-04 12:56; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
David, I'd be more than happy to learn from you a trick or two in that field (military intelligence gathering methods)
ski holidays
Four ...... patrons take a quiet ride up the mountain on the express lift. Several ........ Marines enjoyed the same ride during ...... Marine Program's ski and snowboarding trip to ......
Photo by:......
snow conditions
Apparently Osama bin Laden used to enjoy skiing in Lebanon in the early 1970s. This shot could be the last frame taken from the nose of an AGM-65 (Maverick) TV-guided missile, after the CIA got a report that OBL had been sighted at Verbier. The United States Marine Corps would like to apologise for any inconvenience. Shock
snow conditions
laundryman, thanks for that. Please pass the information on to Matteo in code.

By the way, I hope US Marines enjoy better aim with guns than cameras. Or maybe not.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, I understan that they are somewhat better with their rifles than the regular us troops (every marine is a rifleman used to be one of their quotes) unfortunately the whole US military needs lessons in identifying the enemy before they shoot rather than after
snow report
Reading from their website they aren't even fit enough to swim 500 mt in 16 minutes...........A shame! I'd think that professionals, whatever their line of business is, should be better prepared for their "line of work"!

But, I think nothing but good of the Marines (whether US or Royal, it doesn't matter)
snow report
Do they get training in photography?
snow conditions
Hey David, that's the best the Sarge could do without breaking the privacy laws!!!
snow conditions
This is actually the view from the cockpit of a US Marine Corps fast jet.

See http://www.cnn.com/US/9902/26/marines.cable.car.02/
snow report
Acacia, don't even bring up that travesty of justice, the US goverment used a Court Martial of 8 other Marines to try him, surprisingly despite his acknowledgement that he had deliberately set his altimeter 200 ft below the 1000ft requirement, and that he was flying at 150 to 200 knots faster than he should have.
Despite the fact that the cable he hit was at 300 ft They found him completely innocent of all charges.

He was later convicted of obstruction of justice bringing about comments that the US government cared far more about the damage he did to a $50 Million aircraft than they did about the 20 people he killed in Italy, The Italians had requested he be tried in Italy but the US Government insisted on trying him in the States.

He was eventualy sentenced to 6 months prison with a recomendation to have him dismissed from the Marines
snow conditions
I have had the displeasure of working with the us marines in the past and i can tell you that for a us marine shot that is top quality if they were aiming for the bird flying above and they probably took the ski lift back down because they where not fit enough to ski/board down both of which they more than proved to us especially when 2 miles into a 9 mile run with kit we had to split and carry thier kit between us so they could carry on for another 2 miles before getting into the safety wagon as the saying goes all the gear and no idea we had to earn our green berets they must just get given them along with a purple heart if they break a finger nail they called themselves the best of the best we compared them to the boyscouts and they lost and to make matters worse they drank like the cubs. Rant over i did meet a few highly professional U.S. soldiers but the ones we had on exchange where worse than useless.
snow report
Blimey - and you managed all that rant without taking a breath Wink
snow conditions
I know just get kinda sick of all the untrue hype about the U.S. Marines mainly from holywood and the media even our bloody media and next to nothing good about british troops who remain the most professional soldiers in the world. So i do apologise ish Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Acacia wrote:
This is actually the view from the cockpit of a US Marine Corps fast jet.

See http://www.cnn.com/US/9902/26/marines.cable.car.02/

Yeah, I always wondered what had happened to the guy.
It's all a sham. Of course organizations "protect their own", but in this case, it's done real damage to the American image here (b4 Irak W2, I mean). Also, most of the victims were German tourists.
I don't mind if "young eagles" play with their lives, but when they play with someone else life , and then escape responsibility...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy