Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sestriere

Poster: A snowHead
We are venturing on our first ever ski holiday to Italy. Sestriere 1/4/7 - 8/4/7
Are there any Snowheads in resort that week?
Anybody been there?
Whats it like?
Maybe give us some tips re: Bars, Restaurants, Ski runs.
Had a great time meeting up with fellow Snowheads in 3V in Feb, would be good to do likewise this trip.
We are staying in the hotel Cavalieri.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderman, Finally found your thread - I don't have much info other than we visited Claviere for the day and the snow was good. We lunched at the Monsoleil which was very nice and excellent value. I am pretty sure you can get over to Claviere from Sestriere. snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spyderman, our very own Linds did a half season in Montgenevre (well, she is only little)... she's probably got some ideas for you. I'll let her know about this thread Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IncogSkiSno,
Looks like Claviere is pretty easy to get to, so eill give that a go. Is the Monsoleil
Restaurant on the mountain or in the village?
Michelle,
Thanks for that. I see you've been to Sauze, what's it like? as Sestriere looks like an easy link.

We can move around pretty quickly, so covering big distances, any terrain, no problem. As long as the lifts and snow are OK.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman, the snow in Sauze was great a couple of weeks ago, but very windy, so the links weren't always open - take care that you don't get stuck, the taxis love it!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, On the mountain - but please don't ask where, I just follow . . . also not completely sure of exact spelling Confused Oh and the pistes were uncrowded, as was Montgenevre which was also good snowHead

Here are some pics from Claviere:

This is part of the restaurant, it is the Monsoleil.

This is the view from the Monsoleil restaurant.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IncogSkiSno,
Nice pics, looks good. Must have been a good restaurant if you took pics of it. What do you recommend? I'll eat anything.

Michelle,
What are the runs like in general? Is there enough to keep me busy for a week?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyderman, No i just take pics when I have a moment, so usually chairlifts and restaurant stops.

The Veal stew and the Gnocchi were good Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IncogSkiSno,
Sounds good. Don't let Darky know you've eaten Veal. wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So is nobody skiing in the milky way next week?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spyderman, it's snowing there at the moment (and here).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chris,
Thanks, been checking the webcams & forecasts, looks like they could do with some more though. Been deciding which skis to take, normally drive so take them all, but flying this time so only 1 pair allowed. Think I'll take the big ones and hope for soft snow, can always hire some if rock hard.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
just got back from Montgenevre,had 30cm fall on sunday when we left
that resort and claviere are the best 2 places of the milky way
from claviere to cesana there is no snow
couple of pics from cesana,ive got a load more too

sestriere and Sauze were very low on snow before sunday

cesana upwards was snow cannon pistes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Last week in March.

There was nothing but snow there. That included Montgenevre, Claviere, Sansicario and Sesrtiere.

Didn't managed Sauze d'Oulx as the link was closed due to avalanche risk!.

Bottom of Sestriere is the highest at 2035m above sea level among the Milky Way and the condition I saw at the last week of March was "perfect".

I drove from Briancon everyday to ski 3 days in Milky Way. On one day there was an accident as several cars crashed into each other due to snow. On another a big traffic hold up because lorries were stopping to fit snow chains!.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This was last week snowHead

Best conditions for 4 years snowHead
snow report
Spyderman,

Nice photos. Great also as evidence that I was not telling lies.

If I have to guess where were nigel b photos taken I would bet it was at the top of the 1st chairlift of Claviere coming from the Cesana side (which has a godola system to the opposite side Sansicario). The lowest chairlift and bottom godola at Cesana have no piste and so any snow there is useless. Elsewhere in the mountain the snow condition was a totally different matter.

I have a very good impression of the Milky Way especially with Sestriere. A resort starting at 2035m above sea level is not common in the Alpes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy