Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easy Jet > Bournemouth To Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
An unususal trip report but I thought as we have just done our first ski trip by air for 16 years I thought I would give praise where praise is due. The trip was for us to go skiing in Paradiski.

Our main reason for flying was that going by Easy jet in term time and Tuesday to Tuesday is around £100 cheaper (inc car hire) for the 4 of us than driving. All other times of year driving is cheaper.

So, easy booking made on the net pus discount car parking at Bournemouth made on the net and very cheap car hire made on the net through ebookers.com (Thanks Rob!)

I made the descison that this trip would not involve luggage. Cabin bag only, (stuff needed for this trip was left in our appt. on the last trip) The stress of explaining to female teenager and female trainee teenager of cabin baggage rules, no liquids, make up in plastic sealable bag etc. was fun. rolling eyes

All packed in advance a leisurely drive to Bournemouth at 8.00am slight angst caused by roadworks putting extra traffic on the back road to the airport. We were in good time strolled past the check in desks straight through security, (We had checked in on-line, an excellent facility). Being Bournemouth International Airport, Passport immigration and customs were un-manned. Toofy Grin

After a nice coffee and danish pastry in the cafe we moved through to the Departure portacabin wink The Geneva based Easy Jet Airbus was bang on time and parked next to the portacabin, great fun watching the un-loading re-fuelling etc! The plane ready, the cabin staff came to the check in desk at the gate, and called for families and children first followed by those that had booked on-line, (we scored twice on that one!) So second on the plane behind a lady with a baby. The choice was ours Very Happy I ended up with three seats as the plane was less than half full!

A very enjoyable if uneventful flight arriving in Geneva bang on time.

We were at the Hertz check in desk within 10 mins of landing, a 20 min delay whilst they 'found' our car and we were on our way Toofy Grin

In short an enjoyable process with nothing but praise for Easyjet and their IT systems and friendly well trained staff.

and of course a thank you to fellow snowheads advice on car hire and routes.

PS I took my peage box to use in the hire car. It does work just laying on the dashboard so there does not seem to be a need to fix it to the windscreen or hold it up Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 13-03-07 19:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hah, I bet your kids won't let you drive again now that they have sampled this then. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, how long door to door? And how was the 12m of fresh?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ray Zorro, why people drive when they can be entertained by those in orange, I'll just never know Laughing
boredsurfin, pleased that the experience was a good one!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ray Zorro, They understand the financial side of life wink "How many ski trips do you want to do"?

Frosty the Snowman, About 9 hours BUT we were in B'mth an hour early because I had heard horror stories about the road works and we stopped in Albertville to shop Toofy Grin So probably about 7 hours. The fresh was like the sunshine -- Brilliant Very Happy

Michelle, It was really was very good, I had to smile at the SCC doing her bit on the PA in English and French and thought of you doing it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds good, we are going to take our winter holiday soon - in Bournemouth so are doing the Geneva -> Bournemouth version of the same trip. Okay the airport is really in Christchurch. Plan is to get a taxi from Hurn airport to our villa on the clifftops. It will be nice to get away from all these mountains and snow for some long walks along the beach etc.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof, We should hold a snowHeads lunch to celebrate your visit, particularly as there are so many nice pubs around that area Toofy Grin
Icanski is a resident of the area and knows a few good pubs/restaurant'sLaughing

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 13-03-07 20:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin, looks like the lessons have paid off then Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof, Make sure you use the on-line check in, saves a lot of faffing and time at GVA Very Happy

Frosty the Snowman, Didn't get time for lessons, Embarassed Maybe later in the season Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, she's not the only one in the area wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin,
Quote:

Icanski is a resident of the area and

I meant it was unlike you to be so charming
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, Toofy Grin She was boasting about blacks and moguls so I thought it best to give her the benefit of the doubt Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, Toofy Grin She was boasting about blacks and moguls so I thought it best to give her the benefit of the doubt Toofy Grin

She was also muttering something about her bumps, so I'd advocate caution...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

boredsurfin, she's not the only one in the area

Me too, about 10 mins or so from the Airport.

IMT
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
IMT, I'm in Wimborne - the Bmth to Geneva flights are great but I think they stop for the summer
ski holidays
Ann wrote:
IMT, I'm in Wimborne - the Bmth to Geneva flights are great but I think they stop for the summer

I thought the Geneval flights were all year round.

My "local" is the Percy-Shelley in Boscombe. Okay - arm wrestling bikers and axe throwing competitions are not everyone's taste but, due to the high concentration of teenage single mums it is one of the few town pubs that allows children! (Sign in Swanage: Strictly No Dogs, No Children).

We are in Bournemouth from the 4th to 14th April.
snow report
davidof, maybe us local snowHeads could meet at a pub or something whilst you're in town wink
ski holidays
I can only make 11th or 12th due to skiing and British Super Bike championships rolling eyes
latest report
davidof, Er Boscome or France, a difficult choice!
ski holidays
Ann wrote:
davidof, Er Boscome or France, a difficult choice!

I know, I miss the polite shop assistants, beach, summers where it is less than 40C, decent supermarkets, good beer that doesn't cost a fiver a pint. If only there were some mountains and the wine was drinkable.
snow report
Quote:

Bmth to Geneva flights are great but I think they stop for the summer

Yes, I think they do too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy