Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine cable car drama

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Glad I wasn't on it http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/item.asp?intCategoryID=1&intItemID=4661
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What is the (inappropriately named) 'security cable'? It doesn't sound like the cable(s) on which the thing is carried and runs, nor the cable which pulls it/up lowers it down nor the comms cable (if there is one).

Doesn't sound too bad; a bit of an abseil, a free meal and a helicopter ride. My kids would have paid good money (mine, obviously) for that.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
richmond, yes sounds fun!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When I was on the gondola at half term you were just jam packed in and couldn't hardly move your weight from one foot to another. It's always a long ride to the top let alone if you were stuck like a sardine for over 3 hours with elbows and skis poking you.
I expect most gondolas get a bit overpacked at peak times.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
richmond, I'm guessing the security cable is the one that is attached as a "spare". ie it is designed to take the weight of the cabin in the event of something happening to the main cable.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Here is a close up of the funitel in Question. It runs on a double cable, with the double cable in constant motion, and the cabin as said, held onto the cables by clamps. It must therefore have been some form of static cable that caused the "sawing into the cabin". Whatever the cause its not on my "to do" list.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OMG - I had a close escape - I was headed to Flaine on Sunday and they closed a link for no aparent reason - saying nothing much was open inc. the Gondola. Glad I headed to Morillon in the Morning and not Flaine as we did the day before Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bummer if you are going to Flaine for the rest of the season.
You can still get right to the top with a long drag to chair combination, but it is a slow way up, and prone to bad queues.
Flaine without the DMC isn't going to be much fun if it gets at all busy for Easter.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quick...gota post something else...that was my 666 post!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Phew...!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The DMC is a horrible long lift if full - I commented on Saturday that "I wouldn't want to get stuck in this when it is busy" - how close I came!!! The new 4 man cars that have replaced the "bubbles" are much better - but as you say, a big gap in their uphill capacity.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Also - still no mention on www.grand-massif.com !
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stevo_the_saddler, any Flainard knows that they were called the "eggs" not the "bubbles".

Flippin johny-come-lately, it wasn't like this in the old days, no respect...blah blah blah
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rungsp, Smile Smile Smile OK, OK, OK.

I was happy at being able to do "Fred" for this first time in years (served by the ex-"Egg" lift) - rarely open, but it was on Saturday - great little Red run.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
According to the Grand Massif website the DMC appears to be open today.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy