Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes Summer 2007 (split from main L2A thread)

Poster: A snowHead
We have been looking to do a summer week in L2A, but getting there is proving very expensive and difficult. and I think we are going to can the idea. No filghts from the N/E and nothing cheapish elsewhere Sad
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, have you tried Edinburgh->GVA with easyjet ?

I must say I'm surprised they've ditched NCL->GVA this summer, I've done that route several times and it's always busy. Although there are usually a lot of Scots on board so could be the Edinburgh flight has replaced it ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian, Not much change out of a grand for 4 Shocked
snow report
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, hell's bells ! We got our summer flights back in November for £70 a head (you probably won't want to hear).

How about Edinburgh->Milan, they look quite cheap at first glance. It's probably a 4 hour or so drive mind you.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, Turin, Marseilles ( 3 hrs), Nice ( 4 1/2 hours and other places to stop on the way back on the scenic route) ,,, but I guess you're looking at school holidays Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, Just as quick to do Stansted or Luton for us. Some flight times are really dificult. The best / most convenient deal is Teesside to Lyon via Schipol at about £760. Still £350 too much though. Add in car hire, accom, activities andwe are looking at a lot of dosh.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, easyjet EMA to GVA would be the same price - and much cheaper if you flew on a weekday. Not sure that you would get it down to the £100 a head though Confused
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro, I can only take 7 ish weekdays off in one go in the summer hols and flying midweek brings up all kinds of problems with.

If we fly out on a Thursday and back on a Monday it is about £117 per head. That leaves me needing 2 nights somewhere / something to do Thurs & Fri prior, and also the Sun & Mon

Any Advice folks

PS Ray can you start another thread with the appropriate posts or not? Dont want to hijack. How about a "Les Deux Alpes Summer 2007" Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, sorted the thread, now lets see if we can sort your hols snowHead
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, I think you'd easily spend more than you'd save on the flight on extra hotels etc. but Annecy is a nice place to spend a day or 2.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ray Zorro, Can you move my last post over .. oh well let's try again

From Nice or Marseilles , Castellane is more or less on the way Here ... centre for beautiful Gorges du Verdon and white water rafting , etc., etc.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 13-03-07 12:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, Ryanair Stansted to Turin. Sat 4th to Sat 18th Aug would be £77ish per head (inclusive of taxes).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Agenterre, sorry, I can't move single posts - I'll delete it as you've put it here. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro, Many thanks. I am lured by the thought of some Easiskiing for me and the Sturmbahnfuhrer. and some freestyling for the kids. Mountain biking, rafting etc etc etc. I just seem to be in love with the mountains at the moment Embarassed
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, Ryanair Stansted to Grenoble (much shorter drive) on the same weekends would be £102ish total each.
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, Looked at that but lands 21.00 in Turin and 22.30 back at Stansted Crying or Very sad which is 4 hrs from us on a clear night.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ray Zorro, Could be a goer. Much better flight times to Grenoble hmmmmmmm about £450 inc luggage.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, NCL- NCE c. £125pp return around that time with Easyjet ... Castellane about 1 1/2 hours from there .. iunfortunately I'd make you allow 5 hours for return journey from L2A ..
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agenterre, £155 is about the chepest i could find. Any suggestions for accomodation inthe dump yous suggest wink Very Happy
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, Sorry never stayed there .... only day trips. Very, very popular though and very busy in the summer months (july and August) there being at least one camp site as well iirc.

That area is beautiful ( you also have the Lac du Castillon as well as the Gorges) ... are there no hotels on the website? Davidof knows the area and he may have stayed there .... pm? I would have no problem going up there and recceing a hotel chambre d'hote if you went that route.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, drive there??
ski holidays
Elizabeth B, We drove to The Dordogne once.....crap. At least on a plane we can request seats away from the kids Toofy Grin, besides I cant do 2 weeks.
snow report
Hmm. Okay. Tell you what. You fly out, and I'll drive your kids there (at your expense of course!!)
snow conditions
How much?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Uh oh!! So, how bad are your kids? wink
latest report
Elizabeth B, what is your availability to take my kids somewhere? I don't mind the where either, just as long as it would be a different place from me.
latest report
Elizabeth B, They are not bad kids.........but they do fight with each other, and they are boisterous, and they are mischeivous, and they are load.... but they are nice kids, and they ski okay. Just to embelish......P&O NSF are £450 without meals, Brittany feries the same. No I think a drive to Stansted doesn't sound too bad Very Happy
snow report
Ray Zorro, funny you should ask....I'm sure it was one of yours asking how much it would cost to be taken away from you wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
quick question, and do not know if this is in the right place.. but anyway.

Looking to go on a summer ski break, ideally to L2A first week in June but have mailed a few places and the lifts do not open until the 16th?. Similar with Tignes? Is there anywhere that i can ski in Europe first week in June?

Thanks.
snow conditions
edmundf, definitely Hintertux - I skied there that week last year - gorgeous conditions (it snowed), loads open (about 60km piste) and quiet and cheap. Stay at the Rinderof and you can walk to the gondola in the morning. 2 - 2.5 hours drive from Salzburg, 1 hour from Innsbruck.
ski holidays
edmundf, sorry - should have said - welcome to sH snowHead
latest report
thanks..

that is definatly open first week of June?.. would you reccomend anywhere to stay?

have been lurking on snowheads for a while, though i would pop my head up..
snow conditions
sorry.. just noticed the 'Rinderof' comment rolling eyes
snow conditions
edmundf, I did suggest the hotel Rinderof in my post above. I haven't stayed there, but have stayed at the sister hotel badhotel Kleischler(sp?) 3 times now (but that is a short drive each way). We went there as they had an open air outside pool (it was August). They are both very good 4* hotels, the rooms in Badhotel were enormous snowHead but I didn't think they were that expensive, as rates are reduced in the summer.

Hintertux is open 365 days a year. May/June would be a great time to go.

Zermatt may be open then as well Confused
latest report
completly hijacking this thread, but does anyone have any experience of Zermatt, seems a lot more expensive? transport / places to stay? etc.

and will make a note to carefully read posts before responding.

Was thinking early June would be a good time to go, but first week is the only time apart from early August where both schedules are free.
ski holidays
edmundf, have a look here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=556218&highlight=zermatt+summer#556218

It may be worth posting your question on that thread too.

Good luck snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy