Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis for Mrs Zammo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs Zammo has decided she would like some skis. She is generally fairly easy to please .... but of course, not always.

5' 5", 8 stone, strong intermediate skier, i.e. skis reds with some style, blacks well depending on condiditions, experimenting with more off-piste. Prefers short turns rather than great big GS ones. Found herself somewhat under-challenged by the terrain available in Schladming, Bad Gastein, Flachau, Zauchansee last week but still had a great time (unlike me, cf my crash / boot fit thread).

Suspect there aren't many mid-fat skis with lots of slalom style sidecut to cover her interest in a) more off piste and b) improving those short turns, so what do my fellow snowHead s recommend as a compromise?

Skis could be female-specific but it's no big deal ....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zammo, Head wild thang might be worth a try http://www.head.com/ski/products.php?region=eu&tag=women&id=604 If she can stand the colour Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
K2 Phat Luvs for cheap on www.steepandcheap.com at the moment...
selling out fast
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers guys - keep 'em coming .....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kevinrhead wrote:
zammo, Head wild thang might be worth a try http://www.head.com/ski/products.php?region=eu&tag=women&id=604 If she can stand the colour Laughing

Yes, yes, yes.....I've just got my Wild Thangs and they are utterly fantastic!! They are disgusting to look at but fabulous fun to ski on....as yet I've only tried them on-piste and on pretty grotty snow at that but I've found them endless fun...can't wait to get somewhere where there is some fluffy stuff to try them out on. Highly recommended.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
homphomp, uuurgggh Just looked at the link. Please please don't try and buy an outfit to match Skullie
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, The very thought makes me feel quite ill!! I hate pink with a vengence....they look all right once they're covered in snow! Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mrs kevinrhead, has last years version which are a slightly better colour there are still some available like these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Head-Wild-Thang-Ladies-Skiing-Package-163cm_W0QQitemZ250091826762QQihZ015QQcategoryZ97069QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mr. Zammo: I just purchased a pair of Atomic B:11 skis for my wife. She is about the same height as your wife and weighs about 120lbs. I'm not fimiliar with a stone maybe you can fill me in. Anyway, the B:11 is an all mountain ski that is similar to the M:9 but is made for women and is part of their Balanaze line. Usually they make ladies skis 20% softer than a man's ski and mount the binding a little more forward. The M:11 has a short turning radius of 11mm and is easy to ski. I paid 299.00 on Ebay for skis and bindings. It's last years ski but the only difference is the graphics. I just picked up a pair of B:5's for 365.00, for myself, with shipping but they are in a 152cm. The ski more than doubles for 162cm and this years model is close to 1k.
http://cgi.ebay.com/05-06-Atomic-Metron-B-11-Puls-w-Neox-Skis-157cm-NEW_W0QQitemZ300056257607QQcategoryZ21243QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

The Balanze 11 for the 2006 season takes all the desired mid-fat features of the Metron line and combines them with the Balanze line.

Ambitious skiers with advanced technique and those who aspire to reach the same high standard just love the B:11. With its wider geometry this model offers safe and effortless skiing in the powder guaranteeing perfect pleasure off the groomed slopes.

The B:11 is shorter than other skis due to its sidecut.

The Balanze Metron Puls has a host of women’s-specific ingredients, from a specifically tuned flex to the forward mounted B4 adapter binding plate.

Atomic’s Beta Pulser technology incorporates Beta Puls arms into the construction,

Ambitious female skiers with advanced techniques now have a their own "Metron" with it's wider geometry for effortless powder skiing and perfect pleasure off groomed slopes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy