Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Question about skiing at Zermatt compared to Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello people, Last year I went skiing for the first time in Arinsal and this year went to LDA. Already I am addicted hence I've logged on at Snowheads.

After reading the great skiing stories here, Zermatt in particular has my attention because of the Mattehorn, what a spectacular view from the 'top of Europe' restaurant!

My question is how do the blue and red runs at Zermatt compare to those at LDA in terms of variety and difficulty?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PisteHead, Switzerland only use 3 colours, so, given that LDA is quite difficult for the colour of run (on the whole). I should think they're fairly comparable, but it's a long time since I skied Zermatt except the glcier.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Easiski thanks for info. Had I found snowheads before I went to LDA a few weeks ago I would have considered booking a lesson with you (noticed you're an instructor from reading the 2006-2007 LDA discussion).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PisteHead,

Both worth a visit so which ever you choose you still have to visit the other one so its only a question of what order you do it in, IMV

Zermatt has the Matterhorn which is THE standout mountain...and nowhere compares in that respect....and L2A has Easiski
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd say that they're fairly comparable in terms of the skiing available, both on and off piste, the standard of grading of the runs is very similar, at all levels. Zermatt grades its most difficult runs as itineraries, similar to Les Deux Alpes. Zermatt is more atmospheric, and scenic, and you have the opportunity to ski over the border in Italy, but it also has the prices to match.

IMO Les Deux Alpes is fantastic resort, and well worth many visits, however Zermatt just has that certain something about it that sets it apart from the others.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i was on holiday in Cervinia a couple of weeks back and I can promise you that Zermatt is amazing. I loved Cervinia, but Zermatt just has something very special about it - an indescribable touch of class. The Matterhorn is one of the most impressive sights I have ever had the privilege of witnessing - awesome!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im loving hearing this having just booked a week there for my school group
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JT, Kramer, shenryo,

Exactly the comments I want to hear about Zermatt. It's highly unlikely I will ski there this season but perhaps next year.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we skiied over from Cervinia and down to the Furi area via a long and windy, treeline black run which was truly amazing - one of the best black runs I think I have ever skiied

i am sure you two will love this place - do pop over into Cervinia as well though as that is a nice resort in itself although not as challenging
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy