Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Take the fall!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Two scenarios, we've all been there...

You are skiing slowly when for some reason you just begin to topple over...
You come to a stop (hockey stop usually) and at the last moment you just topple over.

In both cases it just happens slowly.

Some years ago I had an instructor who was very insistent...in these situations you should take the fall. DON'T FIGHT IT...TAKE IT!

Some of the worst ski injuries are at slow speed, when the body is over straining to say upright. Knee and ankle ligaments are particularly at risk. Just take the fall and almost certainly the only thing hurt will be your pride.

Well on friday his words were prophetic:

My wife is in Verbier for a girls weekend. One of our friends had just such a slow speed fall...she strained to stop the fall and felt an ankle ligament "pop". Blood-Wagon...Medical Centre...and an operation to be scheduled back in the UK. She'll be off games (for her that means riding) for quite a long time.

If only she had known to Take The Fall.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Someone should have told this the french rugby player who fell at "low speed" in Tignes last WE and got himself a double leg fracture for the trouble... rolling eyes

What was he doing skiing between two international games anyway?? Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd second that - just plop, it usually hurts far less than trying to stay up and still falling rigid. I'm surprised she didn't do that, what with riding horses and all . I was always falling off horses when jumping and eventing, and worse injury was once when I landed flat on my back and winded myself. Instead of falling off horses now, I fall off motorbikes and worse injury has been a big of a bruise when landing on rocks.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp, all the injuries I've had have been at low speed on blue pistes. I've learned my lesson : never ski a blue piste again Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mike Lawrie,

Tell me about it..they are the most dangerous places.

Skied last week all manner of crazyness (IMV) and I get wiped out by a Frenchwoman on a blue run... !!! FFS..!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have noticed that I am far better at going with the fall now that I wear a helmet, because I'm not busy trying to protect my head.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clara_jo, It's funny I wore a helmet for the first time this year, and fell over far more than last year (I was average 3 or 4 times a day!) - perhaps helmets make you fall over Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
what is this falling over you all refer to Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum wrote:
clara_jo, It's funny I wore a helmet for the first time this year, and fell over far more than last year (I was average 3 or 4 times a day!) - perhaps helmets make you fall over Laughing

Maybe your helmet was too heavy Madeye-Smiley

snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's the fall from the wagon you got to watch Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy