Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Speed Flying - fun or folly?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As a self-confessed ski nutter and spoiled beyond belief most years, my Swiss ski instructor mates decided to buy me a ski-flying package as a 'shut up and get on with it' wedding present - much to my wife's chagrin. I have seen the various youtube and google video clips of the Eiger (not the North Face by the way, whatever anyone says!) and back-country USA, but have have any normal people tried it yet??

As far as lunacy goes, this seems to be the limit. I have skied - or tried to - almost everything I can think of and some stuff I shouldn't have but this sport has got me twitching a bit. Basically can anyone reassure me that it is not completely insane and that I stand a 50% or so chance of surviving?!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=speed+flying+ski
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Powderhound wrote:
As a self-confessed ski nutter and spoiled beyond belief most years, my Swiss ski instructor mates decided to buy me a ski-flying package as a 'shut up and get on with it' wedding present - much to my wife's chagrin. I have seen the various youtube and google video clips of the Eiger (not the North Face by the way, whatever anyone says!) and back-country USA, but have have any normal people tried it yet??

As far as lunacy goes, this seems to be the limit. I have skied - or tried to - almost everything I can think of and some stuff I shouldn't have but this sport has got me twitching a bit. Basically can anyone reassure me that it is not completely insane and that I stand a 50% or so chance of surviving?!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=speed+flying+ski

one of the pioneers of speed flying died recently in Verbier... I say check your life insurance small print carefully if you want your wife to be well looked after once you are gone.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I saw that. An acquaintance in fact - and a certified fruit loop actually...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Powderhound wrote:
I saw that. An acquaintance in fact - and a certified fruit loop actually...

Some guys were doing it in our local ski resort recently - on a closed blue piste. It didn't look too bad under those conditions and there is probably a place for it although ski resorts will need to be very careful how they manage things. The Eiger north face in 4 minutes though... hmmm.

Good luck anyway!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ref the Eiger - I agree... hmmm! What is the freefall time for the same??
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Powderhound, ..... at best guess I would reckon ...... about 4 minutes..... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Powderhound, Have you and the wife had a falling out of late Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, Not since she snapped her ACL skiing powder in Cham in the sunshine while I was working... Poetic justice perhaps (my life is not worth living if she reads this by the way!) but she is getting better quickly luckily
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy