Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

base repairs on a white board

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help

Up to now my son has had snowboards with black bases. This year he has got a new Atomic Triarc Board which has a white base. On out trip in Jan he put a few gouges in the base. We have always done minor repairs in the past, so we got some transparent Toko base repair candles to fill in the gouges. The candles seem to burn OK with no smoke but when you apply the drops to the board they are a cream colour.

Result is white board with cream streaks.

Anyone came across this problem before and how do you get round it?

Any help would be apprecaited.

John
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you dripping the candles onto the board via a metal scraper? This will help keep it a little cleaner.

Candles are too soft, it's only a temporary repair. A better solution is to use the (clear) Toko repair powder, or the ultimate is an extrusion gun.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
john w wrote:
.............Result is white board with cream streaks..........

Does that really matter? Battle scars. Cool.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
john w, and shouldn't it be facing the snow and going at speed - no need to worry about looks snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lampbus, of course it shouldn't, not if he knows how to use an edge.

Proudest moment of my skiing when a friend thought my skis were black, not red.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
comprex wrote:
......Proudest moment of my skiing when a friend thought my skis were black, not red.

Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy