Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot liners, should they move.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I bought a pair of boots while skiing in Canada last year and I am confident that they do fit properly, but ( there is always a but with boots it seems) the liner slides back and fowards in the left boot when skiing, and it does feel odd, which is not helping the skiing (only been skiing for 3 weeks in total).

So the question is, should there be any movement of the liner inside the boot shell, and if not what can/should I do about it.

Thanks
ex.pat
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, take them back! Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ex.pat, Which shell/liner/footbed combo do you have?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Smallzookeeper

Rossignol Saphir X with a Thermo Fit Liner (nothing done to it) and the boot footbed is the one supplied, they are size 22.5.

davidpatt15

What a fantastic idea Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh dear, the silence is deafening.

Come on guys the boots aren't that bad are they Shocked or have I been sold a pair of lemons and you can't talk to me as the stigma will rub off on you all, and your skiing will never recover.

I feel like the new girl and no one is talking to me because I've got the wrong coloured boots. Embarassed

Any ideas at all.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ex.pat, hello. Welcome to snowHeads. I'll talk to you for a bit, until SZK comes back with the answer.

What you need to do is go to Luton, get an Easyjet flight to Geneva, take a train, bus or hire car from there up to Chamonix. When you get there, park at the Aguile du Midi car park, then walk across the road to the Intersport shop. Go to the equipment section down stairs, and look for a guy who has been described as "cute" and "resembles Shaggy".

He will provide you with the answers.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat,

Thanks for the welcome and for talking to me,
I was begining to think I had found the one boot question that no one had the answer to, would that be a first do you think wink .

Newcastle is closer and funny you should say that a visit to Chamonix should be on the cards as we are going to Les Carroz for a short break in the kids easter holidays, trying to get in 2 days of skiing (only ones of the season for us this year Crying or Very sad ).
I also have a OH that will be wanting his own pair of boots, so I think making an appointment to see smallzookeeper will be on the cards Very Happy .

How do I get in touch with him, just send a pm?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ex.pat,

I don't really think that the footbed supplied with the boot counts as a proper footbed or not compared to the customfit SZK should be able to fit.
They aren't cheap but they are a world apart IMV.

At the very least, the movement you describe is undesirable ...go see that man who knows. Or if you are in or around Bicester, see CEM.

You might want to ask how much these things are before getting carried away, tho'
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy